Security Installer Community

Sd1+ Speech Dialer

rossibufc

Quick and easy question but can anyone tell me off hand if the output on the sd1+ speech dialer latch or not. cheers for any help.

never played with it, but manual seems to suggest not, it's active in 3 conditions dial out received or failed. seems it's only a pulse.

if others confirm the above, perhaps explain what you actually want to do with it (and with what kit alarm access whatever) and see if we can help.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

never played with it, but manual seems to suggest not, it's active in 3 conditions dial out received or failed. seems it's only a pulse.

if others confirm the above, perhaps explain what you actually want to do with it (and with what kit alarm access whatever) and see if we can help.

Arfur

cheers for that Arfur thats what I wanted to hear. I dont use it myself but wanted to know if the output pulsed or latched on acknowledgement.

cheers for that Arfur thats what I wanted to hear. I dont use it myself but wanted to know if the output pulsed or latched on acknowledgement.

thankyou for coming back, just hope i'm right now :whistle: .

just an idea, if your interested in the acknowledgement action, depending on which alam panel, you could use a transistorised relay to interface the output as a switch, which then trip's a spare zone set up as 'monitor',

that way the acknowledgeament gets recorded for time and date in the log B) .

Arfur

thankyou for coming back, just hope i'm right now :whistle: .

just an idea, if your interested in the acknowledgement action, depending on which alam panel, you could use a transistorised relay to interface the output as a switch, which then trip's a spare zone set up as 'monitor',

that way the acknowledgeament gets recorded for time and date in the log B) .

Arfur

Was actually going to use it as a key switch type zone (ATS panel) to disarm panel when acknowledged. A mate I put the panel in for asked me if ther was any way he could disarm panel if it ever went off rather than it ringing for the 15 mins. I have actually just taken one of these speech dialers out of a site and was looking at it and thought this might do the job. cheers again.

unfortunately no, it has 3 options only,

non of which offer any remote control by dialling in, it's output only changes state as a result of the diallers internal actions as per option chosen.

a couple of ways to look at this,

1) what's the concern about having false alarms? not being intentionally rude here but if your installing then you should be confident in your own competence and so have no worries.

2) if your mate is so paranoid then your far better to have short siren run time of say 5 min's, at least until the system proves reliable. then you can make it 10 mins.

3) if you do as you intend, and say it is a real break in, ok siren sounds and intruder runs off all well and good as planned, so now your mate switches off the system remotely from work. an opportunist, on seeing broken window/kicked in door or not unknown for the original intruder to return = happy days as no alarm system - good way to loose a mate.

that's the very good reason why modern alarms auto re- arm, so just think it through ;)

Arfur

PS there are systems that allow remote control via a phone, even allow to listen in.

Will it not work to trip a relay when output on dialer is set to acknowledge?

In that situation the output would pulse for 7 seconds.

Not something I would use to curtail the bell timer. Why not set it lower in parameters?

Turning the system off just because the dialer message is acknowledged is not good practise.

How would the system rearm?

Also the implications for insurance purposes.

Insurrance is a good point to mention

Many dom't know if they don't use the existing alarm, even if insurrance did not stipulate one, and they get burgled, ins co often reduce or refuse to pay out.

You have not taken "all avaialble precautions", samr ss getting done on s hot night by a cat burglar.

total can of worms

Arfur

Archived