Security Installer Community

Alarm

The system will record series of events which an authorised person can access. Will say if setting the system failed etc. You should be able to get a print out of this.

The Alarm Receiving Centre is where info is sent from the system via telephone/gsm eg system set (closed) system unset (open) so a copy from them (though same firm, different branch)

If training been provided, interpretaion of log abbreviations will be "somewhere"

We provide training foc on handover of new system and everytime we come to do maint we ask if anyone needs it and customer signs to say yes/no

I am only her union rep and dont work for the company so I do not know what logs show etc.

So all these logs should be able to be supplied then ?

Also I presume all alarm companies would supply training but it is a case of the stores not wanting to pay for it ?

Also as a lay person if I get these logs will they be self explanitory?

Many thanks

in order for her to have a fair representation and be able to defend herself, in the initial disciplinary investigation she needs to request all the info above that way she can have it looked at by an independent 3rd party. Otherwise it's hardly a fair procedure.

Just off the record my money would be on her not setting the system, probably due to the exit terminate button or similar. So the defence would then have to be has she been trained as a responsible person (and is it documented) as she should be in charge with securing a high value premises.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

• 2 weeks later...

I more than often hear from alot of the fault engineers about re-instruct subsciber calls.As you mention she has been setting the system for years now,people get in such a routine that they forget things.I quite often handover jobs and have to inform people to hold the Final set button for a number of seconds as apposed to quickly lightly pushing it then running off to the car.

As mentioned you should be able to view the controld panels log and it'll state what the events were that happened that night.Try and find out whats panel was installed there as some Guardall panels show different ways of confirming the system has been set.

Archived