Security Installer Community

Securit 700L - Tamper Fault - Help!

tonsai

Hi,

About me: I know a little bit about alarms and I have installed an Accenta G3 (4 pirs, bell box, pressure mat) at my own house, no problems.

I have been asked to look at a tamper fault on a friends alarm. It is a Securit 700L (installed in 1997). The tamper light is flashing on the main keypad, even after a full factory reset. I have taken the cover off the main unit and shorted out the tamper loop on the board. But there is still a tamper fault. Any ideas what else could be causing the fault. Perhaps the main board is faulty, does that ever happen?

Any suggestions greatly welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

it does happen but there are many more likly things than a board failure. It is 13-14 yeras old though

but on the 700 l, the tamper is all global, so there is also a sab tamper that your missing (you will probably have only linked out the tamper inputs and not the sab one.

But the baords do fail on those as the switch is in the middle of the board and its only supported at each end. So if you link out ALL the tampers and close the panle tamper and its still showing fault, then yes. Main board is kaput. SOldering iron time or replacement.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

no i dont think the 700l does Not bright enough lol

be a sab or main pcb tamper. We fitted (like we all did id assume in the day) a few of these. Have had main panel switches go. but my money is sab

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

It could be similar to a 9448, in that a faulty battery gives a tamper fault.

no i dont think the 700l does Not bright enough lol

be a sab or main pcb tamper. We fitted (like we all did id assume in the day) a few of these. Have had main panel switches go. but my money is sab

unfortunatly it does so add another thing to be checked to the OP`s list.

i quite like the 700l. That little keypad was sort of revolutionary at the time. Dont bin it unless its hadit.

you never saw the Castle two digit keypad then? that was revolutionary. LOL

Archived