Security Installer Community

Jury Service - A Story Told

arfur mo

Thats where you have to prove true hardship and you have no alternative but to decline.

I think he's probably looked at what he could hace possibly claimed and decided to make it more interesting by saying he got it without actually having to do it.

God loves a good story teller!!!

thats why guild was invented - for lily's lol!

so maybe,. worth nowing the real SP imo about something that can affect us all,.

my brother, sister and 2 of my sons have had to do it, but up till now my oldest, the strife and i have managed to miss it, now flirting with being 61, i don't know if their is any upper age limit?

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Didnt they tighten up on the jury service allowance recently? IIRC you get a standard allowance and thats it. As mentioned above though, you can get out of it - my mother got called and asked to be excused on the basis that she couldnt sit for long without needing to piss, got out of it.

A mate turned up on day one and enthused to the clerk at the possibility of "locking up some foreigners", got sent home and told we'll call you.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Didnt they tighten up on the jury service allowance recently? IIRC you get a standard allowance and thats it. As mentioned above though, you can get out of it - my mother got called and asked to be excused on the basis that she couldnt sit for long without needing to piss, got out of it.

A mate turned up on day one and enthused to the clerk at the possibility of "locking up some foreigners", got sent home and told we'll call you.

Love it.

Wonder what would happen if you turned up dressed as Napoleon, or with a tinfoil hat to stop the aliens reading your mind, something like that. After all, if you kept a straight face they wouldnt know if you meant it or not, if you meant it you wouldnt be in contempt of court would you ?

Just need a volounteer to try it...

Love it.

Wonder what would happen if you turned up dressed as Napoleon, or with a tinfoil hat to stop the aliens reading your mind, something like that. After all, if you kept a straight face they wouldnt know if you meant it or not, if you meant it you wouldnt be in contempt of court would you ?

Just need a volounteer to try it...

NO I WON'T

but i might turn up dressed as spok and make out a neon driver is really a sonic on ;)

lol!

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

As you mention Neon "Trackers".

Not worth the money IMHO.

A M8 had a call from a rewire, the gas company wished to convert meter from Imperial to Metric ( So called engineer was Polish and had limited conversational skills) He decided with a Volt stick that the services were poorly protected. In fact "live"

We proved the Earth bonding and trip out times, no errors were made!

On calling the service provider and their explanation from the signed docket we were informed another visit would be needed at extra cost. We objected and asked for a qualified Electrician be available on the swap out of the meter unit.

They have agreed to provide a "Sparks" to ensure the meter swapper is in fact correct!

Now anyone used a "Volt Stick" the bastids light up with static. Warm hands and cotton = indication of high voltage................

It beggars belief a major national company will employ fools to fit a major supply which is more dangerous than another service to be installed.

It beggars belief a major national company will employ fools to fit a major supply which is more dangerous than another service to be installed.

Didnt think BG service eng were corgi*, just dyson trained...

* or ngr or whatever it is now

Archived