Security Installer Community

Starting Up Advice Req.

Guest premitec

Guest premitec

Just want to say. Great Site. Very helpful. My 1st post was answered and resolved very quickly. Thanks!

I have been installing CCTV systems for a while now, just quad systems, 4 cams and VCR. I don't do too many, 1 every couple of months, just referals. My main work is Aerial and Satellite but I do enjoy CCTV.

I would like to get more work and was looking for your input about how you guys get all your work.

You don't really see people advertising CCTV in the local papers like you do with Aerial and Sat.

Can anyone advise me on marketing ideas.

Thanks, Les

PJ - Having just seen your photo in the profile section i would suggest that if you've got that kind of money to burn it would be better spent on a make over. :lol::lol::P

A definite face for radio if i've ever seen one !!!

UTC - The dawn of a new era !

Guest Peter James

Thanks its not my best profile :lol: im just not that photogenic thats all.

(Good job Ive got a personality eh)

Pete

Guest Putus Security Systems

I have find that the new BT phone book with the classified section has worked well for us. We are in i think 11 books maybe 9 and enquiries are coming in from them, and much cheaper than Yellow Pages.

We placed 1/2 page adverts in the 9 or 11 BT phone books for a lot less then 1/2 page adverts in 3 Yellow Pages directories. Yellow Pages does deliver enquiries though that cannot be denied.

Thomson for us has been a no go placed 1/3 pages in 3 books which have now run pretty much the full year and not one single enquiriey from any of them.

Guest Affinity

ahhhh Pete ur not that bad :)

In answer to the original posting..participating on the site helps as well and you can advertise your company free

hmmm talking of which I must see Steve talk about dragging my heels after all the times hes asked me :( sorry Steve gonna make an effort this weekend .....oh nooooooooo he says lol not more work) :rolleyes:

I just spend 20k a year in the yellow pages it seems to do the trick.

You really spend that much on advertising..?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest Peter James

I spent around 10k last year, we are looking to go in a couple more areas poss not the whole 20k budget on yp we do a bit of charity advertising, but the biggest bit is gonna be yp.

And the worst bit is, most of our work still comes from reccomendation.

But we need more work if im to be able to pay the engineers the pay rise,s they want.

So its speculate to accumulate.

Pete

P.S. dont forget to put the "......." in front of your name (especialy if your called zebra alarms)

Pete

Archived