Security Installer Community

Wireless Information.....

I like your website design and content. Not much mention of wireless systems. Are they a no-go for the industry. If not, are there hybrid control boxes that will take signals from both hard wired and wire-free sensors?

I`m getting a few emails each week asking about wireless alarm systems, and although I have fitted a few I wouldn`t say I`m the best man to give advice or Information on the subject.

Does anyone here feel upto creating or providing information I could use to make a Webpage/s about wireless alarm systems.

Good points vs bad points..&.. recommended systems..etc etc

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

I like your website design and content. Not much mention of wireless systems. Are they a no-go for the industry. If not, are there hybrid control boxes that will take signals from both hard wired and wire-free sensors?

I`m getting a few emails each week asking about wireless alarm systems, and although I have fitted a few I wouldn`t say I`m the best man to give advice or Information on the subject.

Does anyone here feel upto creating or providing information I could use to make a Webpage/s about wireless alarm systems.

Good points vs bad points..&.. recommended systems..etc etc

18170[/snapback]

Dave,

I'm not "volunteering" as my experience in wireless systems is relatively limited. Plus, I've watched with interest my esteemed colleagues post all sorts of damming comments about such systems. I'm very much a hard wired man too, but.....

I've installed a fair number of Scanny 500r wireless systems in domestic premises where hard wired was not an option for various reasons. Leaving aside the relatively high cost of the hardware, I've generally found them to be reliable and customer feedback has been positive. Battery life has been acceptable, and I've not had problems with interference or false alarms. There has been a recent change of transmission frequency to align the UK market with the EU. Site surveys are a must. I'd use Ademco-Microtec for commercial, but have only "played" with a system, not installed one.

Not exactly what you were looking for, but maybe it'll start the ball rolling. Now I've outed myself as an installer of wireless, I'll sit back and await the flack :rolleyes:

Regards,

George

Guest davenaran

Dave,

Answer to your question about wire free alarm panels. We currently install Abacus 6/14Com Radio Control Panel and have been for the last 2 years, Its a Hybrid Control Panel 6/14 wired Zones and 64 Wire free zones. Batt life is 4 / 5 Years on average. No problems with interference or failure. Working range they say is 300meters. We have been using this panel on comm/resid sites. The hardware isn't cheap, but the time in labour does comp. We wouldn't use anything else.

regards

Dave Naran

• 4 weeks later...

No problem plugging your site Martin, infact I sent someone their the other day.

As you have probably seen we have a list of Installers on the Forums, and an even larger list in the Trade section. I`m sure any installers wishing to be listed on your network of installers will either contact you or leave there details here.

Stick around, and enjoy the Forums.

Guest Martin Rowan

Many thanks for the welcome. I noticed visitors from your site on my webstats this morning. I will put a link back to www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk when my new site is up and running in the next week or so.

If "Linda" from this sites administration side of things could call me back or email me with more info on the site as discussed it would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Well as Scantronic have been in the wireless game for 20 odd years, only fair to chip in my contribution:

We produce a Class 6 Hybrid range (9751,9742,0851)suitable for Domestic and Commercial. If you dont know, Class 6 means you can connect it to Police calling systems.

I have a 9751 in my house, totally wire free (apart from the bell and keypad). I have a 715r PIR in my garage for 6 months, so far not a peep.

I see my installers all over the south east every week and whilst most were sceptical about radio , the success of this range, especially since we updated the reciever, has led them to go wireless more and more. If you would like testimonies from any of them I'll gladly put you in touch.

Shortly, all our detectors will be 10mw and lithium batteries, so much better in terms of range and battery life.

I come from the installation side of the business and was always firmly against radio, but have been forced to re think.

Visit our website below for more info. There are other good procucers of radio out there, but we have been doing longer than most, so generally we lead and others follow. We also know the pitfalls and things to stay away from !

Mick

Mick Gates

Regional Sales Manager- Intrusion Products

Bosch Security

www.boschsecurity.co.uk

I`m after someone in the know to do a webpage of the advantages of wireless, the pro`s & con`s, etc etc ..

There`s loads of people enquiring about Wireless, and they would find a webpage helpfull..

Any takers..?

To be honest the scannie stuff is tops.

We have used a lot of the 46 range and now the hybrid range with no problems at all.

The 500r and 690r are very good and as long as you carry out a site survey you should not have any problems.

We always wire if we can but would not hesitate in using scannie/menvier wireless if needed.

The only thing we would like top see is the 46 range becoming class 6 as the range and accesories are superb for many different projects..

Paul

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

I`m after someone in the know to do a webpage of the advantages of wireless, the pro`s & con`s, etc etc ..

There`s loads of people enquiring about Wireless, and they would find a webpage helpfull..

Any takers..?

21549[/snapback]

Dave, Id be happy to contribute, however, I do work for a manufacturer, and I have never installed anybody elses radio gear. Probably an installer would be best, but as i say if you want help kicking it of let me know (I'll try to be general rather than brand specific)

Mick Gates

Regional Sales Manager- Intrusion Products

Bosch Security

www.boschsecurity.co.uk

Archived