Security Installer Community

Ziton Zp3 To Auto Dialler

I have a menvier security panel wired to a SD1+, Which is fine. I now have an ZP3 installed and the fire company has supplied me with contacts from their panel. They are using the Ziton ZP3 fire contacts which are about +5v normal and switch to +24 on fire.

Question. How can i connect this into my dialler as i cant seem to get it to trigger when i test?

I have a menvier security panel wired to a SD1+, Which is fine. I now have an ZP3 installed and the fire company has supplied me with contacts from their panel. They are using the Ziton ZP3 fire contacts which are about +5v normal and switch to +24 on fire.

Question. How can i connect this into my dialler as i cant seem to get it to trigger when i test?

You'll need to use a relay between the fire panel and the dialler. Do you understand how to wire a relay?

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

as above you will need to use a relay from the fire panel.

Id suggest wiring between common and Normally open on the relay, and connect that to 0v on the dialler and trigger B (or whichever trigger your using)

However dont mess with a fire alarm as a rule they are a life safety system and you could affect its operation.

Also IMHO you shouldnt use a speech dialler for anything important but thats a whole seperate subject.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived