Security Installer Community

Bsia Publishes Access Control Guide

http://www.bsia.co.uk/aboutbsia/news/O93JDD595151?backlinktype=newscentre

The British Security Industry Association (BSIA) has published a new guide to aid the healthcare sector in the use of access control systems.

The guide is aimed at hospitals and residential care homes and explains how access control technology can better protect these sites, which are increasingly being targeted by criminals.

Mike Sussman, Chairman of the BSIA's Access Control Section, comments: "Healthcare premises tend to be widespread and have large transient populations making it all the more easier for people to access the site. With high value items stored on-site such as computers and medical equipment, not to mention the personal possessions of staff and patients, it is no surprise that hospitals and residential care homes are being targeted."

"Having access control technology in place will not only deter criminals but can physically prevent them from entering the site. Access control systems offer a versatile and cost-effective way to regulate entry to premises. The guide covers the principles and application of access control, as well as providing practical examples of its successful use in the healthcare sector."

The BSIA guide provides information on how access control can reduce risks that the healthcare sector faces, the added benefits the systems can bring, case studies and any legislation that should be considered.

The guide to the healthcare sector forms part of a series of publications, which are tailored to the installation of systems within different environments including manufacturing sites, offices and education premises. These guides ensure end users are getting accurate information in relation to the particular application they are looking for.

The guide to access control for the healthcare sector is available as a download by clicking here and searching for form 293.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

well done,

the 1st line is what i could not remember where i see it (bleeding regs whistle.gif ), just new i'd seen something about it, what i was trying to 'pull back from the archives' for Pauls radio job.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I did some access control on a mental heath building.

Once handed over the codes were all changed as they were secure. I had to go back and stood by the door and wondered whay they could have possibly used.

Afer a few seconds I thought " They section people here under the 1984 mental healt act" Low and behold, that was the code. What a ^&^*$(% waste of time effort and money.Also they were Bewater K series keypads. So no timed lockouts, within a week the building was comprimised ( they spected the kit, against sound advice).

Not looked at the case studies mentioned in the new document, as it all boils down to economics and they never go for the good kit!

Archived