Security Installer Community

Connecting A Dialer

HoofHearted

This is a Bosch Abacus Evolution panel. One of the reasons I bought it was because of the built in dialer. However, I gave up on trying to use this because of the lack of documentation at the time, and the fact that it has to do everything via the Bosch Host Computer. I got myself a Menvier SD2 Dialler and it's fine. Input 1 of this, is now connected to the 'bell' output. If I test the bell, i get a text message telling me that the alarm has gone off.

I'm connecting Fire Detectors to the panel now, and I want to utilize 'Input 2' of the SD2 to send me different text message if the Panel detects that one of the fire detectors has triggered.

The Alarm Panel provides several outputs on a Ribbon Cable, for connecting to a STU (whatever that is). These outputs can be configured however I like. I would like to configure one of them as a 'Fire' output and connect that to Input 2 on the Dialer.

The thing that has got me confused is that the Bosch documentation states that the outputs on this ribbon cable are all 5 Volts. I'm unsure if I can connect this directly to the dialler because this would appear to expect 12 Volts. Can someone clarify for me please and suggest how I can move forward on this.

Ian

This is a Bosch Abacus Evolution panel. One of the reasons I bought it was because of the built in dialer. However, I gave up on trying to use this because of the lack of documentation at the time, and the fact that it has to do everything via the Bosch Host Computer. I got myself a Menvier SD2 Dialler and it's fine. Input 1 of this, is now connected to the 'bell' output. If I test the bell, i get a text message telling me that the alarm has gone off.

I'm connecting Fire Detectors to the panel now, and I want to utilize 'Input 2' of the SD2 to send me different text message if the Panel detects that one of the fire detectors has triggered.

The Alarm Panel provides several outputs on a Ribbon Cable, for connecting to a STU (whatever that is). These outputs can be configured however I like. I would like to configure one of them as a 'Fire' output and connect that to Input 2 on the Dialer.

The thing that has got me confused is that the Bosch documentation states that the outputs on this ribbon cable are all 5 Volts. I'm unsure if I can connect this directly to the dialler because this would appear to expect 12 Volts. Can someone clarify for me please and suggest how I can move forward on this.

Ian

I dont use abacus, but..

You should use the comms outputs (ribbon connector) to connect to all inputs on the sd2. The 5v removed should work fine (some scanny panels do same and work ok).

Read through manual, should give details or pre programmed outputs (usually, 1, fire. 2, Pa. 3 intuder). just a case of finding right colour ribbon wire to connect to sd2.

Thanks for that. I'll give it go. Bosch supplied a ribbon cable with the panel. I'm going to take that onto a little pcb that I'm going to knock up. There's some other things I want to do with the those spare outputs.

I want to configure Input 3 on the SD 2 to send a text message if anyone triggers a sensor in my rear yard while the panel is armed.

Archived