Security Installer Community

Bt Problem

zaz

Hi guys has anyone come across this problem with phone line. I was servicing a customers alarm today came up with comms problem, i asked if they had any trouble with phone, said yes, when it rings and they pick up the phone they cannot hear anyone and can also hear ringing in the background. also no dial tone. I disconnected the alarm from the line and also the two extensions. Plugged phone directly into incoming socket same thing.They do not have broadband installed they have had the line checked by BT but this means nothing in my experiences with BT . Anybody got any ideas.

Hi guys has anyone come across this problem with phone line. I was servicing a customers alarm today came up with comms problem, i asked if they had any trouble with phone, said yes, when it rings and they pick up the phone they cannot hear anyone and can also hear ringing in the background. also no dial tone. I disconnected the alarm from the line and also the two extensions. Plugged phone directly into incoming socket same thing.They do not have broadband installed they have had the line checked by BT but this means nothing in my experiences with BT . Anybody got any ideas.

As the thread title.............Bt Problem, Phone line fault

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Archived