Security Installer Community

Dsc Power 832 Issues

GUnit

hi folks i moved into my home about a year ago with the above alarm fitted with a DSC power832 ... pc5051 problem is the alarm system is not working no output on control box or keypads. its like there is no power going to it but....

i have checked the "spur socket" next to it and replaced the 13A fuse

i have checked the power connection in control box to make sure there is 240V coming in

i have replace the 1A fuse inside box

i have replace the battery with a new one

i am all out of ideas at least if it was working it might give me some iea of any faults lol

any ideas would be great many thanks G unit

hi folks i moved into my home about a year ago with the above alarm fitted with a DSC power832 ... pc5051 problem is the alarm system is not working no output on control box or keypads. its like there is no power going to it but....

i have checked the "spur socket" next to it and replaced the 13A fuse

i have checked the power connection in control box to make sure there is 240V coming in

i have replace the 1A fuse inside box

i have replace the battery with a new one

i am all out of ideas at least if it was working it might give me some iea of any faults lol

any ideas would be great many thanks G unit

I would check the voltage on the secondary side of the mains transformer.

Not familiar with this panel but on most panels there will be a pair of wires coming from the transformer and they will be connected to the PCB either by plug or via screw connectors.

I would expect to see between 17 and 25 volts AC at these wires.

Obviously this is a test which has to be done with the mains supply on so great care is needed and if you're not confident call an experinced engineer.

think i will take a pic of the inside of control box then you can point out which parts you want me to get a voltage reading from

as there is AC power block connections with a fuse the come from mains supply to block connector then out the other side with 2 x red wires to a metal box shape that is held in place with 2 nuts , this metal small box has 2 yellow wires running to the mother board hope this helps lol

can you tell which parts to take a reading from

U can try it off the battery to see if the panel is ok. connect battery and then use a spare wire and take minus from battery and connect to zone common (just for 2sec) on board, then disconnect wire and your panel should work off the battery. If it wount work then u might have short in detector cable, then disconnect 12V for detectors but u have to watch that u keep keypad cable connected!

think i will take a pic of the inside of control box then you can point out which parts you want me to get a voltage reading from

as there is AC power block connections with a fuse the come from mains supply to block connector then out the other side with 2 x red wires to a metal box shape that is held in place with 2 nuts , this metal small box has 2 yellow wires running to the mother board hope this helps lol

can you tell which parts to take a reading from

The metal box is the transformer, the red wires should be carrying mains voltage and the yellow ones should have 17-25 volts AC (roughly) on them.

Again, be very careful with mains voltage.

whats the best way to check the transformer is putting out 17-25v?

also does both keypads need to bee working? as the one inside the house is ok i think but the one below control box has been ripped off and i dont know where it is as it was done before i moved in.

no u dont need 2 keypads one will be ok. just check that the one is missing that the cable is not shorted or something, minght be that thats where your problem is!! u need a mulitmeter to mesure the voltage.

Archived