Security Installer Community

Wiring A Galaxy

The error returned was: There are no categories that you have permission to view

Absolutely right.

If I've learned one thing today, it seems there is a difference of opinions in regards to adding resistors into un-used "SPARE" circuits.

But why does it matter where in the used circuits the resistors go? Somebody (not from here, but sort of in the trade) set my current panel up with one resistor in the panel and the other in the detector. I take it though, that both resistors should be inside the detector unless it has EOL resistors built in.

One further Q ... Im not sure for definate but I think its a 680Ohm I need for the back of the keypads .... where would I get them from ?

Guest old-hand
Absolutely right.

If I've learned one thing today, it seems there is a difference of opinions in regards to adding resistors into un-used "SPARE" circuits.

But why does it matter where in the used circuits the resistors go? Somebody (not from here, but sort of in the trade) set my current panel up with one resistor in the panel and the other in the detector.BODGE I take it though, that both resistors should be inside the detector unless it has EOL resistors built in.

One further Q ... Im not sure for definate but I think its a 680Ohm I need for the back of the keypads .... where would I get them from ?

Maplin`s for one.

Guest old-hand
You may not need the 680 for the keypad, depends how old the keypad is i believe.

It is advisable for all gal`s to use the resistor. Wether they are used is another matter.

re the eol point ie where should they be.

To me the clue is in the name, End Of Line.

Its not, One At The End And One At The Start (OOATEAOATS)

or Start Of Line (SOL)

i have seen both but EOL (End Of Line) is where they should be.

It will work under normal conditions, but wont work as it should under attack or fault condition. And quite simply is wrong.

No other way to look at it really IMO

;)

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived