Security Installer Community

Dtv-vld Day/night Vandal

MattBaker

Has anyone had issues with these cameras ?

The reason i ask is that we have install alot of these cameras and performance wise there great, but they seam to have had an issues !

Water ingress

We had had one of these fill with water even when all seals have been fitted and it sealed to wall with silicon. I was talking to another company who have has had 3 of these fill with water as well.

Ok, so they have changed the housing and the bracket, I hope this gets over the issue. As why change something that doesn't need fixing.

The internal pivot for the camera has also been changed which leads me to the next issue! When fitting one of these on friday i went to move the camera inside the dome and found the camera in my hand and the rest of the dome in the other !

The cast bracket sheared off at the rear of the camera itself "just what you want on a Friday afternoon" When i went to return the unit i was told that it would be put down to installer damage !

yeah right!

This is just a warning please please be careful when trying to move the camera as if it breaks in you hand you wont get it replaced FOC !

I am not saying you will have the same issue just be aware !

Poor design i think, the dome doesn't seam to offer as much movement internally as the old one "in my opinion"

To achieve the full mounting axis of these domes on i thing its a necessity that they are fitted with the wall bracket now.

Shame good cameras.

cheers:realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

Archived