Security Installer Community

Not A Request As Such But...

With being out of the industry for ten years - can anyone suggest any good websites that have lots of information about the new EN50131 policies and the grading? I basically want to know (from grade 1 up) about what equipment is allowed per grading and the kinds of panels required for each grade too. I'm not looking for sensitive engineering information as this is not what the site is about. I just want to get some ideas about what things to familiarise myself with in the hope of getting back into the industry again when I'm ready. I'm VERY used to working with stuff like the Tunstall TS2000 (old now, I know...) FSL/EOL stuff so I guess that sets me in good stead? Is today's kit still 4K7's CCT and 2K2 EOL's or do different bits of kit have different resistor values?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Kate

x

With being out of the industry for ten years - can anyone suggest any good websites that have lots of information about the new EN50131 policies and the grading? I basically want to know (from grade 1 up) about what equipment is allowed per grading and the kinds of panels required for each grade too. I'm not looking for sensitive engineering information as this is not what the site is about. I just want to get some ideas about what things to familiarise myself with in the hope of getting back into the industry again when I'm ready. I'm VERY used to working with stuff like the Tunstall TS2000 (old now, I know...) FSL/EOL stuff so I guess that sets me in good stead? Is today's kit still 4K7's CCT and 2K2 EOL's or do different bits of kit have different resistor values?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Kate

x

http://www.nurs.co.uk/pdf/hardfacts/securi...dsv1amended.pdf

Guest RJBsec

Kate the new Menvier range, M800/M2000 is 'along the lines of' TS2500 so easy switch to make to get up to date on the nerw Panels. 4k7/2k2 is still the default but there are other options to cater for panel swaps using different options - Menvier do a training course which is a useful insight into the range if you have a day to spare.

Hi all...

Thank you for your help on this - this info is hard to find! Still, I guess it will be really - for obvious reasons!

I have a bit to go on so will keep searching...

Kate

x

Hi, Cooper security have produced a booklet called:

installers pocket guide to PD6662:2004

It is the british version of EN50131.

it tells you all the basics that you need to know, although more elements of EN may have been added by now!

try their website www.scantronic.co.uk

mik.

Archived