Security Installer Community

Ade Ultimate Replacement

Tocsin

Greetings all,

About 20 or so years ago I DIY installed an Ultimate with 18 biscuits. Apart from it taking as long to program than it did to cable it's given a rock solid performance through power supply problems and a near miss lightning strike. Other than the usual battery replacements and one door contact failing it's been trouble free with no false alarms due to the installation.

Although I've fitted a good few alarms in the past, mainly Gardtec stuff, I'm ignorant about present day trends and so have come to ask for advice.

Anyway, the point of this post is to ask what current bit of kit using iD biscuits will cater for a domestic situation with 15 contacts - 2 LCD RKP - 2 live bells and possibly the option to dial up over the PSTN to a nearby keyholder.

Regards,

Pete

Gardtec and Texecom Premier with 60IXD expander will cater for the wired biscuit not really a gardtec user but the premier is an excellent panel. Also think castlecare do the same again not sure. If you want to stay with the same manufactor which was ADE now Honeywell you can use the Captiv8 Panel but not sure if these are still being manufactored.

Although we used to use the Wired Biscuit quite a bit many many years ago most of our installation have had these replaced with a more reliable double pole resistors.

BASS and redbull,

Thank you both for your speedy replies.

It looks as if from your suggestions and from reading other posts that Texecom will be the favourite.

You've caught me out with the parallel resistor configuration instead of biscuits, - I haven't heard of that (I don't think)?

So have you a minute to give a brief explanation or perhaps point me towards a web site that demonstrates the principle?

I'm guessing it's similar to EoL?

Thanks again for your input

Pete

it is the same as eol

Most panels use eol resistors in series, some panels use the same resistors but in parralel. But that isnt what he meant

Double EOL is when you use one resistor accross the alarm relay as well as an EOL resistor, also called double balanced eol

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest RJBsec
Or a M800ID from Menvier/Cooper Security 30 zones 4 rkp can take 2 bells , better to have 1xSAB 1xSCB.

:no: 800iD no longer made, need an M800 with MiDNode

Guest old-hand
:no: 800iD no longer made, need an M800 with MiDNode

Better tell Coopers that, i double checked their site b4 I posted that.

Guest old-hand
Check 'Legacy Products' - M800iD and M1000 no longer made, M800 and M2000 now.

Only searched for M800id, it never came up in "legacy" list.

Anyway M800 with ID node is still a good panel.

Damm, just checked.

Went into manuals not "front door" Touchpoint does indeed say M800id is obsolete.

cheers

Archived