Security Installer Community

Menvier Ts2500 And Silent Set

Sparks

Hi,

I have a Menvier TS2500 installed in my house, with three wards (House, Workshop and Garages)

I have an internal speaker in the house connected to one of the house X-Node's and this XNode is assigned to all three wards

I have the same setup in the Garages and in the workshop.

The reason for this is, I have my doorbell connected to a zone in the house, and have this set as a chime circuit, so I can hear the doorbell everywhere! this seems to work well.

The problem is, when we set a ward, we get the setting sound and finally the three rising tone to confirm the ward is set, in the house. This is annoying if someone come home late when other people in the house are in bed.

If I silent set the ward, we still get the rising tone to confirm the ward has been set, so it isn't really silent at all.

Can you see a simple way around this, other than to use an output on each X-NODE connected to another sounder, that is set to mimic the doorbell zone (I would rather not have another thing on the wall in all three wards!

Thanks!

I have the exact same setup! Sheds on their own wards and doorbell, keypads in every shed and in the house up and down. My auto set also annoys me as silent set gives the tones on the keypads!

I haven't put any more time to figure out a solution as yet, I want all wards to mimic on all keypads so I didn't know how to avoid the silent set tone, I'm sure there's a way!! ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

I have the exact same setup! Sheds on their own wards and doorbell, keypads in every shed and in the house up and down. My auto set also annoys me as silent set gives the tones on the keypads!

I haven't put any more time to figure out a solution as yet, I want all wards to mimic on all keypads so I didn't know how to avoid the silent set tone, I'm sure there's a way!! ;)

:) Not just me then!

Do you have a "normal" doorbell too, or do you just rely on the chime from the alarm?

(I just have the alarm)

What about an output on XNode or Panel tripping relay to break one leg to sounder during exit? Program as Ward Exit, activates when ward is in exit (disabling speaker) and deactivates when ward is set (re-enabling speaker)

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest old-hand
What about an output on XNode or Panel tripping relay to break one leg to sounder during exit? Program as Ward Exit, activates when ward is in exit (disabling speaker) and deactivates when ward is set (re-enabling speaker)

That wont stop RKP tones though.

Still trying to work it out .,..........................

But if you have keypads they still sound.....

OP my doorbell is only on the alarm system so I have to have keypad sounders on for that.

I'm using the older software in mine but I have a 5.x PCB here, I don't know if they work the same way?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Beat me to it!

That's what I love about 900s and 2500s, the outputs are so versatile.

I can't think of a better way than the above.

Archived