Security Installer Community

Unpaid Accounts

Several "small" shops in our area - owned by a larger company based in Scotland... head office gets on to us desperate to do fire alarm / Emergency Lighting and Extinguisher maintenances/remedial works as they've had enforcement notices served and the time is just about up.

One shop needed a full new fire alarm system... around

Small claims is a waste of time.

I would do what you suggest at one shop and see if that makes him cough up.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

My boss makes a point to take even the smallest of non-payers through the small claims to simply point prove. Not had to do it too many times, but a couple per year I guess. Usually get awarded the money and costs etc, but actually getting the funds is a different story! I think we are still recieving weekly payments from a non payer years ago.

My boss also went back to a site and removed socket fronts and light switches on a job he was never paid for.

He was taken to court for criminal damage and had to pay compensation to the customer and also pay for the electrician who they then used to put the fronts back on!

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

I was thinking about going back to the shop units and taking my stuff out - or at least removing PCBs from panels, taking extinguishers etc. Leaving formal documentation with the head office and each shop saying the life safety systems are no longer operational/in place etc. and informing the fire officer.

Fors and against ????

I would go with this scenario, you have helped this guy out and then he refuses to even answer a simple phone call.

Up here you can't strip out of any ones premises once it has been installed, I know this to be different in England & Wales. It is not as if you are jeopordising your working relationship as this guy has broken the trust factor.

I would go with this scenario, you have helped this guy out and then he refuses to even answer a simple phone call.

Up here you can't strip out of any ones premises once it has been installed, I know this to be different in England & Wales. It is not as if you are jeopordising your working relationship as this guy has broken the trust factor.

wrong way round that innit :unsure: ?

up here you can remove goods so long as you don't force entry or cause damage to the fabric of the building by removing AFAIK.

we have no tresspass law so it becomes a civil matter.

I've done it 3 times without the cops being called but that was simply lifting extinguishers off brackets and walking out not alarm equipment which once fitted may form part of the fabric in the eyes of the law, dunno.

either way it's crapola and the plonk needs sorted out.

where is he exactly & steven & I will pop round :whistle:

That's an interesting idea. He probably thinks he's safe cos he's so far away. If he got a friendly visit it might shock him a bit.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

wrong way round that innit :unsure: ?

up here you can remove goods so long as you don't force entry or cause damage to the fabric of the building by removing AFAIK.

we have no tresspass law so it becomes a civil matter.

I've done it 3 times without the cops being called but that was simply lifting extinguishers off brackets and walking out not alarm equipment which once fitted may form part of the fabric in the eyes of the law, dunno.

Just what I was lead to believe TBH

either way it's crapola and the plonk needs sorted out.

I might be big and look mean but scooby doo has more back bone than me :unsure: . Think I will be behind Chris :whistle:

Archived