Security Installer Community

Rapport 11

daubs8

Bit confused. Can anyone confirm that the Rapport 11 has VCL protocol? Redbull's review shows VCLTP? Also, remarks have been made that 'they' are looking to add other protocols and 'up the coax' telemetry. Would this be a software upgrade or a new model?? Ta.

it says it has vcl, but as we dont use it i havnt tested.

Dany would be the one to ask on here, but when we trialled it i asked if it could be firmware updated (id like to see pelco coax and dm added) but i think it was a no.

Also i doubt it can do coax anyway as it would need the hardware.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi,

Just to confirm, there is the VCL Protocol in the system (VCLTP) but as is sugests this is only for twisted pair.

Unfortunatly (as mentioned) there will not be Coax support as this would require a new board inplace of a firmware patch.

If any other protocols are added this would be a firmware upgrade. but at the moment there are no new additions on the horizon.

cheers

Dan

We have been asked a few times for diffrent protocols, unfortunatly it always seems to be a stumbling block regarding getting them implemented. Having said that i will of course ask the question. As there are a few others that i would like to get implemented.

You can get them from all the usuall suspects. ADI, Norbain etc.

Archived