Security Installer Community

A Standard Issue ?

i have a problem with understanding a standard issue / intruder alarm systems/

i understand that all systems must meet British Standard BS4737 or BS6799 (wire-free) or the new European Standard EN50131-1

but does the new European Standard EN50131-1 = CE mark ?

thank you once more guys u have been great help

i have a problem with understanding a standard issue / intruder alarm systems/

i understand that all systems must meet British Standard BS4737 or BS6799 (wire-free) or the new European Standard EN50131-1

but does the new European Standard EN50131-1 = CE mark ?

thank you once more guys u have been great help

You're a bit out of touch friend. BS4737 and BS 6799 effectively ceased to exist a few years back in 2005, and was replaced with PD6662, which was a nod in the direction of EN50131. This was accompanied to some extent by DD243 (which concerns with remote signalling), and is now under draft as a British Standard (BS8243).

Most kit is now marked as compliant with the grading system in EN50131.

Bill.

Bill

Accord Fire & Security Services Ltd.

www.accordfire.co.uk ~ TEL: 0845 474 5839

You're a bit out of touch friend. BS4737 and BS 6799 effectively ceased to exist a few years back in 2005, and was replaced with PD6662, which was a nod in the direction of EN50131. This was accompanied to some extent by DD243 (which concerns with remote signalling), and is now under draft as a British Standard (BS8243).

Most kit is now marked as compliant with the grading system in EN50131.

Bill.

that was fast / thank you guys

so for the product to be legal to sell in the UK

the CE mark isn't sufficient ?

that was fast / thank you guys

so for the product to be legal to sell in the UK

the CE mark isn't sufficient ?

The product could be legal - it doesn't *have* to be CE marked, unless in specific categories, and nore does it need other approvals, unless the use for which the product is intended requires it to be approved in some way.

More than anything, the CE mark is fairly irrelevant, unless safety is an intrisic part of the product. A CE mark only ever relates to the safety of the item itself, not its suitability to be included as part of another system somehwere.

Bill.

Bill

Accord Fire & Security Services Ltd.

www.accordfire.co.uk ~ TEL: 0845 474 5839

en50131 compliance isnt mandatory for sale. Obviously you cant install something and claim compliance if it isnt.

ie you can still buy 4737 stuff. I wouldnt buy something that wasnt compliant but there is such a large market of people that buy cheap #### once.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

there is such a large market of people that buy cheap #### once.

r you saying the market isn't quality aware

or a good share of the market isn't ?

i got some samples and yes i agree they look like cheap ###p but the price is inviting , and you are in business for the profit not for the glory of the product

i got some samples and yes i agree they look like cheap ###p but the price is inviting , and you are in business for the profit not for the glory of the product

i think you have summed up my own opinion in that post.

Yes the price may look inviting. It appears your going this way/have gone this way/supply product this way.

if its the first 2 let me know how it goes long term. There are plenty of people that have posted on here about 'WOW IS THIS REALLY AS GOOD AS THEY SAY IT IS' only to find after they have bought it that there is a reason why its cheap.... then what do you do with it? send it back, phone china for a returns number or support? No you throw it away or try to sell it to another mug.

I have a load of old gear that im thinking of ebaying, some of it works some of it dont. If some mug in china (well anywhere over 6 hours away by plane with a language barrier) im laughing.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest RJBsec
and you are in business for the profit not for the glory of the product

Maybe not for the glory of the product but you had better be really good if you are going to establish a good business selling rubbish - a quick buck does not equal a lasting revenue.

Maybe not for the glory of the product but you had better be really good if you are going to establish a good business selling rubbish - a quick buck does not equal a lasting revenue.

well said

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived