Security Installer Community

Texecom Veritas Excel Speech/text Dialler

jamez79

Hi All,

I've had my alarm (Texecom Veritas Excel) installed for a while now and all is going well. I also have a Texecom speech and text dialler. Is there a way to set it up so that I can silence the alarm remotely?

My folks still struggle with VHS so an alarm system is space age to them. If they check on my house while we're away after an alarm, they'd prefer me to reset it as it panics them. THE BELLS..... :)

I can dial into the alarm but thats about it. Was wondering if i'm missing a trick here?

Thanks in advance,

James

you cant dial into your alarm as above you might be able to dial into the dialler though.

While it is possible to configure an output to disarm etc there is no feedback etc that you have successfully aremed or disarmed etc. The best way is to have a panel that supports remote control via telephone control. ie visonic powermax plus or risco wisdom.

ANything else is a bodge really and with security if it can go wrong it will. ie you would phone up, enable the output, to reset the panel but then no disable the output so your system is now disarmed. There is no way to check you have either armed or disarmed etc on a system not designed for this so you would be none the wiser.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Is there a way to set it up so that I can silence the alarm remotely?

Are you sure you would really want to? What if the alarm has sounded for real, not a false activation .... and then you silence it .... then what?

I've got this facility with my alarm....... but I would never use it

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Archived