Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier48 Connect To Pc

psc916

I am finalising my kit list for installation. Could anyone advise if a Texecom Com2400 digicomm can be used to connect the alarm panel to my home network in order that control / programming can be done through the Wintex software on my PC, or will I need a PC-Com Serial Connector?

Many thanks

you could but you would need to dial it up, so you would need 1 line for out and another for back in.

Probably not ewhat you wanted.

Ok thanks, you are right yhat's not what I'm after. I'll stick to PC-Com Serial for PC linkup & use Com2400 for text / alarm notifications. cheers

If you want to connect to your home network you'll need a COMIP

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Beware of starting from cold a Premier with a USB Com plugged in as either all hell breaks loose or the panel seems ok but behaves very strangely - but do not know if same applies to PC Com serial connector as I have not tried the serial version only the USB one.

Once the Premier is up and running plugging and unplugging the USB Com seems to make no difference at all.

Get a Premier 88 at minimum the 48 is too cut down in places.

Beware of starting from cold a Premier with a USB Com plugged in as either all hell breaks loose or the panel seems ok but behaves very strangely - but do not know if same applies to PC Com serial connector as I have not tried the serial version only the USB one.

Once the Premier is up and running plugging and unplugging the USB Com seems to make no difference at all.

Get a Premier 88 at minimum the 48 is too cut down in places.

what are the problems I connect to Premier panels everyday with the USB serial lead? 24, 48, 88, 168, 640, 816, 832, 412 and no problems? :unsure:

Completely knocks out COM 2400 if plugged in at power up and a few other things - so have not been plugging in at power up since version 5ish (I think).

You assume a lot re Texecom Bridgewater I could equally imply that I am Lord Lucan but I would not expect to be believed.

My current location is not London it is also Bridgewater.

KiddingPigeon - it would be great to have you onboard why not apply for Trade Membership?

Archived