Security Installer Community

Switching From Adpro To Ds2

justin

Adpro Fastrace is the only DVR I have ever come across that needs the ports forwarding at the viewing end as well as the site. If you have managed to get 2 PC's with different local addresses to view the same Fastrace on the same network then I must speak to Adpro tech guy again as they inform me it is not possible.

got a site with 2 local pc's using video central lite.

also 1 home pc with remote access

and the arc.

all without problems.

All you need to do is port forward for remote sites, or use vpn. Local networks need no port forwarding

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

got a site with 2 local pc's using video central lite.

also 1 home pc with remote access

and the arc.

all without problems.

All you need to do is port forward for remote sites, or use vpn. Local networks need no port forwarding

Sorry. What I mean is the fastrace is on it's own dedicated seperate ADSL connection in a rack. Now, from another ADSL network in the same building ie the clients say 5 x pc's, they will effectivly be connecting remotely. From what I understand this will only work from 1 of those PC's.

I might need the ex Adpro tech guy on here to clear this up.

in that case yes you are right.

However you have a couple of choices

additional network card in pc's so you can connect to that network as local (could use wifi?)

alternativly you can vpn into the router taht will give a local connection over the wan.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Sorry. What I mean is the fastrace is on it's own dedicated seperate ADSL connection in a rack. Now, from another ADSL network in the same building ie the clients say 5 x pc's, they will effectivly be connecting remotely. From what I understand this will only work from 1 of those PC's.

I might need the ex Adpro tech guy on here to clear this up.

You could link your Lan side of the router into their network and configure the same private address range, but you'lll have to disengage the DHCP in your router. that way your part of their network private side and doesn't affect public side, works for me!

ve hav ze nolij or if not we ask!!!!

We have used Adpro and DM kit and the DM is the worst for a high end install.

The only supplier we use now is Dowshu for the top end installs and they have all to offer with their DVR's.

Support is second to none and beats the DM DVIP hands down imo!

!

in that case yes you are right.

However you have a couple of choices

additional network card in pc's so you can connect to that network as local (could use wifi?)

alternativly you can vpn into the router taht will give a local connection over the wan.

Very good idea. Thanks for your help. I will use a netgear wireless router for the Fastrace and supply a usb dongle for the second PC. Will be faster aswell being local. It does pay to ask.

cheers

Archived