Security Installer Community

Vcl Obiter Dome Connecting To A Dynamic Cctv Dvr

alarmgenie

Hi all,

I am having trouble getting the telemetry working on a Orbiter VCL dome when connected to a Dynamic CCTV DVR unit, I have checked the dome on a vcl maxcom and it works ok on that so I don't think its the dome.

I have set the dome to Pelco P protocol on address 0 with the termination on as its the only dome on the RS485 bus, connected it to the dvr and set the protocol up in the menu but I don't get any movement.

What should I be setting the baud rate, etc for the dome ???

Yep have tried address 1 and still no movement

I have gone through all the baud settings 2400, 4800 and 9600 and nothings moving

You wouldn't have to cross the RS485 RX/Tx lines on it would you ???

You need to try swapping over the TX and RX in case you have them the wrong way around.

I could recommend setting the dome and the DVR to Pelco-D as it

System Q Ltd.

Hi all,

I am having trouble getting the telemetry working on a Orbiter VCL dome when connected to a Dynamic CCTV DVR unit, I have checked the dome on a vcl maxcom and it works ok on that so I don't think its the dome.

I have set the dome to Pelco P protocol on address 0 with the termination on as its the only dome on the RS485 bus, connected it to the dvr and set the protocol up in the menu but I don't get any movement.

How old is this dome?

If it's an original orbiter, not an orbiter gold/orbiter lite, you'll probably find that it will only work with coaxial telemetry via a maxcom & will not work on 485 irrespective of protocol/baud rate selected.

How old is this dome?

If it's an original orbiter, not an orbiter gold/orbiter lite, you'll probably find that it will only work with coaxial telemetry via a maxcom & will not work on 485 irrespective of protocol/baud rate selected.

The Dome is an orbiter gold with the alarm connections.

Hi all,

Hi

This is a long shot but has happened to me more than once with VCL domes. Try Inverting the dip switches from on to off and vica versa. also carry out a software reset. Another option is to check what softwere version is on the dome, contact honeywell and see if the dome is compatible with DVR.

cheers

john

Archived