Security Installer Community

Menvier Ts 700 - Keypad Problem

davidp

Hi There Everyone

I'm sorry to trouble you but I have what I thought was a small problem and its fast snowballing into a much bigger one.

I have a Menvier/Scantronic TS 700 System which has been very reliable over the past years.

The keypad LED display has been playing up for about a year now, whereby the first digit is not readable. Its never been an issue, we just set it and forget about it.

About a month ago we started getting a number of alarm activations, but because we can't see which circuit is at fault, as the LED display is knackererd, we are pretty much stuffed.

I called Menvier/Cooper this afternoon to try and see if they either still made the keypad for the TS700, which I thought would be a long shot, or more likely, what they could recommend as a substitute. Amazingly I was told that no replacement/sustitute is available and that the only solution to the problem would be to replace the whole system.

So for the sake of maybe one door contact playing up, the fact that I can't see which one it is, I have to replace the whole system! Surely this can not be the only solution?

Can anyone P L E A S E suggest what I might be able to do to get the system up and running again? Is there maybe someone that has an old keypad for this system lying in a cubboard somewhere?

Guest old-hand

Well if you cannot see anything its time to change the system.

Cooper Security are correct the system is obsolete. No existing keypads are backwards compatible.

I have just checked my "goodies" box and have none left myself.

Suggestion, if your that desperate to keep something that you cannot read is to remove each circuit one by one until you find the culprit.

Best advise is to upgrade.

cheers

Maybe look on ebay, you need either a NETLED or NETSTAR keypad, good luck. A year ago you might have got a NETSTAR from wholesalers but not anymore.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

That should work, fitted loads of them after NETLEDs became unavailable.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Last time I plugged in my engineers (TSNETLCD) keypad to a 700 it went nuts, just confirming that the newer style (Pre M) don't work on them!

:o

Dunno if the Starburst works on them though....

700 panels is as old as them there hills now!

Look on Ebay for a 900+ as the PCB will screw right in to the old box and work the existing keypads or newer ones.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived