Security Installer Community

Menvier Networker Range

What are they changing, the software, or just the manual??

And what items are they addressing??

Never had many problems programming them!

Our wholesaler has some ts690ID and some TS790 and TS900 in stock from 18months ago, (company they got them in for have gone bust). Would the software in these be upto date?? They are open to offers to get rid!!

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

A mate of mine has had some out puts not firing on the TS690 from new, this has happened on two panels now!

What software change? Is it going menu driven? bout time i dont know why they dont all do it.

Castle, ade karizma and galaxy, all so easy with menu driven

Paul

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Guest Samholland

Fitting a 50volt relay direct to the phone line would probably make the line appear engaged if someone tried to call. You would need something alittle more sophisticated to monitor line volts. The SD2 will probably have this feature and also the SD2 has one or two programmable outputs like the texecom dialler which can be triggered remotely...

I use Just about all the menvier range.. The biggest panel the 2500 is brill with lots of features but is advisable to use a laptop when programming.

Just had a look at the menvier SD2 - What a peice of kit :o

So many more advances than the SD1+ :wacko:

One question......it has telephone connections A and B and also A1 and B1, these seem to be for the telephones in the house, is this what is known as line seisure??

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Yup. It grabs the line and knocks everything past A1 and B1 off. It just means you have to tap into the phoneline as close to the incoming master jack as possible. You'd be surprised how many alarms I've seen that have a built in digi and are wired in this way and the alarm is not first on the line.

Tony

ACE.gif

• 1 month later...

Guys, if you go for SD2, it has built in line fault monitor, text messaging, 10 phone numbers, four alarm inputs, alarm restores, remote listen in and talk back, remote control of the 2 x outputs (reset the alarm, turn on lights, heating etc) temperature monitoring and memo facility!

Mick Gates

Regional Sales Manager- Intrusion Products

Bosch Security

www.boschsecurity.co.uk

Very good Cooperman, but can it make a cup of tea?????

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest Adrian

B) Hey when menvier release the SD3 it will be a GSM version that can take a pay as you go sim card, I was told it will also text you to let you know when the credit on the card is runing low.

Adrian B)

Archived