Security Installer Community

Door Chime Fault

diy-er

hi, i have a little corner shop fitted with an old veritas system. i turned off the mains power suppy today and when i turned it back on the door chime had stopped working. i did a few practical tests and found that the door-open sensor still works for the alarm and the buzzer/chime still works in the alarm box but the sensor no longer triggers the chime.

we'd be grateful for any advice as now we're unable to hear when customers enter the shop.

thanks.

(i hope i explained that well enough, and i don't have the system details right now but i can post them if it's necessary. thanks again)

hi, i have a little corner shop fitted with an old veritas system. i turned off the mains power suppy today and when i turned it back on the door chime had stopped working. i did a few practical tests and found that the door-open sensor still works for the alarm and the buzzer/chime still works in the alarm box but the sensor no longer triggers the chime.

we'd be grateful for any advice as now we're unable to hear when customers enter the shop.

thanks.

(i hope i explained that well enough, and i don't have the system details right now but i can post them if it's necessary. thanks again)

There is the possibility your battery has seen better days so think about replacing it, like for like, try Maplin for a new one.

Now, attached is a User Guide for an old Veritas, have a look through the User guide summary, it shows how to turn Chime On/Off

OLD_Veritas_User_Guide_.pdf

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Try the following:

Enter your code and press [Chime]

Press the zone number for the front door, e.g. [1]

Then press [Prog]

That should re-enable the chime but looks like your system needs a service & battery change.

May also need to press [Chime] & [1] to switch it on/off

Try the following:

Enter your code and press [Chime]

Press the zone number for the front door, e.g. [1] Slight correction: Make sure the relevant number is lit before the next step

Then press [Prog]

That should re-enable the chime but looks like your system needs a service & battery change.

May also need to press [Chime] & [1] to switch it on/off

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Archived