Security Installer Community

Abell Alarm Box

i saw a abell alarm box the over day on a house and the box is white and abell lights up in blue looks very good any one else seen these i wount mind finding out who makes them :bruce_h4h:

been out for years, pyronix have or are bringing one out with the same idea.

We have an Abel job with one of these bells on the books. The bell is just the innards from a Ventcroft Classic (yes, the cheapy builders bell box) in a fancy stainless steel box with the letters punched out. Behind it is a sheet of white plastic and a small PCB connected to the hold off supply for the fancy flashing blue light. It's also connected to the strobe trigger. It does have quite a "home made" appearance to it with the lid off. I got a picture of it somewhere, can't find it on this computer though.

I have seen one of the Pyronix ones installed, they look even worse than in the ads!

Trade Member

We have an Abel job with one of these bells on the books. The bell is just the innards from a Ventcroft Classic (yes, the cheapy builders bell box) in a fancy stainless steel box with the letters punched out. Behind it is a sheet of white plastic and a small PCB connected to the hold off supply for the fancy flashing blue light. It's also connected to the strobe trigger. It does have quite a "home made" appearance to it with the lid off. I got a picture of it somewhere, can't find it on this computer though.

I have seen one of the Pyronix ones installed, they look even worse than in the ads!

Barr the logo lighting up they remind me of a cheap rip off of the nova 6.

Donno about now, but I think up to a few years ago Abel had a connection with a sheet metal fabrication firm in Leicester, didnt they used to manufacture their own PSUs and panel at one time as well ?

They did and still do.

Units assembled at their Head Office site in Leicester.

You should see what our R & D guys have been developing since ;)

Thanks for the comment Dave, I will pass it onto the team to let them know they are getting the impact they are after. We do indeed manufacture in house and subs you are correct that we previously had a number of different types of business as part of our group.

We have since concentrated on our security installation / maintenance & monitoring as it is the core of our business and deserves our full corperate attention.

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

You should see what our R & D guys have been developing since ;)

Thanks for the comment Dave, I will pass it onto the team to let them know they are getting the impact they are after. We do indeed manufacture in house and subs you are correct that we previously had a number of different types of business as part of our group.

We have since concentrated on our security installation / maintenance & monitoring as it is the core of our business and deserves our full corperate attention.

'J

They must cost a lot of money to make do you offer your customers the choice of alarm box :bruce_h4h:

Depends on the installation type, those new installations requiring a police response need to conform to certain legislative requirements (Indication of alarm state etc) which the Abel bell box can fulfill and more basic bell boxes cannot.

The requirements of the installation in essence drive the equipment utilised (Unless a customer specifically wishes to install to above the risk assesed requirements).

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Archived