Security Installer Community

Are These Any Good

davetherave69

100% agree with above.

Stands out to me also that the install is low budget so higly likly the rest of it is etc.

Only way IMHO to do IR lighting properly is ir sensivite camera and seperate emitter.

Also if you wanted to light your drive would you use led's or a big bulb? lol

no wonder they struggle they are leds //.B.W.F.//

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I quickly checked the specs on that camera and although I cannot tell you wether it is a good one or not (in a practical sense), It annoys me when manufacturers do not quote the actual Lux of the camera, "0 Lux when IR Leds are on" is not a specification IMO but marketing. Knowing the Lux allows a better judge of suitability, ie. at what point the camera will be totally dependant on the IR, without this specification I would not buy.

As has been said on here many times, IR is far from ideal and specifications are often missleading to those that do not understand the limitation on the technology but in the absence of light there really is no other alternative in this price bracket (talking in a general sense and not referring to the price you have been quoted) for seeing in total darkness.

Generally these all in one cameras offer a better value package than buying a seperate day/night camera, IR correct lens, housing, IR lamp, etc. Which if properly selected and installed would most definitely out perform the all in ones but once again it comes down to budget. If you are looking to spend the sort of money quoted then I would most definitely get a professional installer to quote.

Archived