Security Installer Community

Are These Any Good

davetherave69

Only used one, the image quality is good but the fixing is poor so don't fit it anywhere that it can be vandalised.

Remember to be realistic about the range and narrow beam of the IR lighting.

I just installed four of them. The image quality os very good, but the night lighting is as useless as all of these small bullet cameras at any further than a few feet. I would put in a seperate IR light if I wanted good coverage, or a real light if it was important to see at night. I have constant issues with customers thinking those little IR LEDs will light up the yard like daylight.

Chris Mason

I just installed four of them. The image quality os very good, but the night lighting is as useless as all of these small bullet cameras at any further than a few feet. I would put in a seperate IR light if I wanted good coverage, or a real light if it was important to see at night. I have constant issues with customers thinking those little IR LEDs will light up the yard like daylight.

Chris Mason

I would suggest that you would be better off getting in a local installer to survey your property and make some recommendations - you could otherwise end up spending a significant amount of money for something that is not going to suit your needs.

There are thousands of different cameras available for use during night hours and without professional guidance you could make a big mistake.

For example, the camera I used monitors a single entrance gate covering a very small distance/area, I would never have used it to attempt to cover the carpark that the gate leads to, it simply wouldn't have coped.

Archived