Security Installer Community

Auto Dialers

Alarm Co

Was you checkin out the new yale at the time :whistle:

:lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Ok so when BB came in BT said 'you will need an adsl filter for everything in the house'-so all equipment HAD to have a BB filter at the source ie all sockets in the house.

Now we are hearing that ONE BB filter at the master will cover all slave sockets etc in the house-no more plug in filters and phone and PC's on seperate inputs.

How long will it be before the filter is at the exchange!!!!-seems to me certain companies-no names mentioned-BT-are/have been charging for filters(until third party manufactures produced them) etc that are not required cos a main 'exchange' filter can be encorporated.

Is it a case of 'rip people off until we can get away with it'.

Any thoughts people?.

I know technology is changing and what was then was a lesser technology than now-but seems to me somats wrong!.

When BT first started installing ADSL they used to send an engineer to fit a new master socket with an integrated filter. Plug in filters where only introduced when it became popular and they started shipping equipment to the customer for a DIY install. Obviously the point that you plug your router in to has to be unfiltered (I sneakily moved my master socket to the cupboard where I wanted the router before BT arrived ;)

Ok so when BB came in BT said 'you will need an adsl filter for everything in the house'-so all equipment HAD to have a BB filter at the source ie all sockets in the house.

Now we are hearing that ONE BB filter at the master will cover all slave sockets etc in the house-no more plug in filters and phone and PC's on seperate inputs.

How long will it be before the filter is at the exchange!!!!-seems to me certain companies-no names mentioned-BT-are/have been charging for filters(until third party manufactures produced them) etc that are not required cos a main 'exchange' filter can be encorporated.

Is it a case of 'rip people off until we can get away with it'.

Any thoughts people?.

I know technology is changing and what was then was a lesser technology than now-but seems to me somats wrong!.

no no sorry no yale for me bag of c##p but hey you gona think its grate when you aint seen a proper alarm system aint ya

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

but no the filter i fitted the customer supplied , he got it from b&q

and it had two outlets, phone and adsl

like this .....................

put adsl face plate in ebay for egs;pl

post-10181-1234630850.jpg

Archived