Security Installer Community

SSAIB INSPECTION

Hello forum!

Just had our SSAIB inspection and the inspector has commented that we should be providing an output to show the central station that the system has reset with a zone ommitted, anyone else come across this??

Apparently its to show if a door blows open and sends an unconfirmed and the system resets after the 15 mins etc it re-arms with the open zone ommitted?

Not heard of it before as we do not like ommitting zones after activation, but would be interested to hear any pointers?

Paul

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

To meet DD243 if the system re-arms with a circuit open it must omit it and inform the ARC that it has done so.

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Yep we've been sending zone omit on channel 7 (we use 5 for confirmed) for at least 6 months now.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Hi Paul

It's mentioned in Annex A (A.3.1) and Annex B of DD243, reinstatement of the IAS. Depending on what panel you use it is normally sent on 5 or 8. I personally feel it should be the responsibility of the ARC to inform you.

I don't know where you got the 15 minutes from but this signal should be sent at the expiry of the confirmation time, i.e. 30 to 60 minutes.

regards,

Steve.

Guest Gimmick

Yes, I agree. This is part of the requirements to conform to DD243, but it has caused a little friction with some Central Stations. On most control panels there are 3 types of Bypass activity:

1-Manual bypass on User request

2-Automatic bypass on setting (temporary bypass)

3-DD243 bypass (zone omit after verification time)

In accordance with DD243, if you have a circuit that has been triggered (unconfirmed alarm) and is still active by the end of the Verify time window (normally 30 minutes) . . . it is automatically bypassed. This is irrespective of any bypass authority or options for the circuits. At that point DD243 states that Central Station should be made aware of the bypass. This is why you will be required to configure a channel for bypass.

The only problem that arises from this (more and more, as installers start properly installing to DD243), is that the channel will also activate for the other two instances of bypass (ie; Manual and Automatic). This means that if a User manually chooses to bypass a circuit before setting, the channel will trigger to Central Station. Most control panels have always done this and it is only an issue now, because Central Stations are monitoring the bypass channel.

This is also the case if the control panel operates a "temporary" bypass, when a circuit is in alarm (and is bypassable) at the end of the Exit Time. This automatic bypass also triggers the channel to Central Station.

I know of a number of complaints from Central Stations relating to the way in which they process bypass channel activations. Do any of you guys have experience with this little "bone of contention"? I have explained to operators and C.S. supervisors a number of times that a DD243 bypass activation should can only occur after a Close signal, and not when the customer is arming the system.

Of course Point-ID and SIA formats eliminates this .. but getting companies to change over can be difficult.

Rant over !!

Gimmick

cheers for the replies guys.

Got confused with the 15 min siren cut off instead of the 30 min window for conf. And its me that writes our specs too, what a fool! ;)

Have checked our gear and found that pin 5 is indeed the active pin for omit at then end of the window but we have not informed central station of this.

We will from now on and all serviced systems will be changed on the visits.

Must hold our hands up as we totally missed this one and the C/S have never mentioned it!?

Thanks for all the feed back and rest assured we will be doing it from now on!!

Paul

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Archived