Security Installer Community

Qualifications

Guest Coop

I install my fused sprs then have a sparky commision them or if he is not busey he will install the fused sprs and any thing els on the 240ac or 415ac supplyes. This protects me from the unfortunate as i have no mains electrical qualifications and I find it also keeps my public liability down. :rolleyes:

You're right Neil C, but what happens in the dock is this:

1. "Mr. Sparky, what are your qualications?"

You answer, "why, I'm a qualified electrician, m'lud."

2. "OK, to what standard did you fit the appliance?"

You answer, "in accordance with IEE 16th edition m'lud"

3. "Thank you, no further questions, now then, MR. IEE....."

Off you go about your business, leaving the experts to sweat it out!

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

Guest dale

This is why its worth paying to do the IEE 16th ed course... it doesnt take that long, and costs a lot less than you might loose if you dont do it!

D

• 3 weeks later...

Just done a NVQ II and III with a training company I wont mention but it is from the London area and in accordance with SITO. Very very disappointed - I've been taught nothing from them all knowledge as been learnt at work. They are contracted to see me every 6 weeks and so far this year I have seen them once. When they do come down they get me to sign forms to fake their visits and because I am under 25 its free (paid for by the government). The asseccors sent to me know little about alarms and have no idea what I am talking about when I explain my jobs to them. All they are interested in is their paper work and paper shuffling. Anyone wanting to spend hard earned cash on these courses are wasting their time and money.

Trade Member

Sign of the times. I left school at 15 had a choice of wait for a driving licence (always be jobs for drivers) or get a trade. I served my time as an electrician. I have passed two tests in life 1/ my driving test 2/ my length certificate. Now 25 years in business, 4 kids through Uni. I asked my NICEIC inspector do I need qualifications. He says can’t make me unless I show that I can’t do the calcs or the job, phew! I have employ some pretty qualified people who I would trust to fasten shoe laces (they know who they are) and the truth is as an employer I am only interested in competence. The qualifications only get you the interview.

Customers!

Archived