Security Installer Community

Engineer Seeking Advice Ref: Galaxy G3 Codegroupin

BBSS

Bingo

You know what i think that could be the answer.

I'll look into that and have a think.

so for example floor 5 has fobs asigned to group 5 then when they leave they set a non exsistant group 5 last out who ever it may be sets their's and panel sets all the common landings put into one group

Many Thanks

think your heading for a world of trouble here.

You need entry timers and doors to start these to comply with 50131 anyway so i think this system needs a serious rethink.

agreed,who ever spec'd this job wants shooting,id be going down the shunt rios route at least most people dont forget the lock the door,depends on the reception area ifts its small and nothing in it may be best to leave it off as long as the offices off it are set independant via a shunt lock seen it a few times where there is a lobby you gain access via fob and you then have access to each floor but not the offices,or like ive said before auto set the reception and leave the offices on shunts..ps tell the project manager your concerns and dont take the can when it goes ts up...

you can do it the way you want.

Just use dummy groups, ie have all the groups per floor and arm them (but dont put any circuits in them)

then put all your circuits into group 1. Last one out sets the lot.

i said that :whistle::ninja: but your still got the situation where people have to remember to present their fob when they are last to leave their floor,its not gonna happen really is it.. :no: i go off the principle all enginners are great all customers are thick.. :P

we'll make sure it's noted about the potential problems don't you worry.

The previous job (different company) was using setting logic as mentioned and each office as a group so far so good. Except the wonderful salesman didn't realise that each floor had a lift. So if they came in and someone had unset the common lobby (first in) + their area only then someone could use the lift not the door to their floor go in and had no pir to pick them up and start the entry

Great :oops:

we'll make sure it's noted about the potential problems don't you worry.

The previous job (different company) was using setting logic as mentioned and each office as a group so far so good. Except the wonderful salesman didn't realise that each floor had a lift. So if they came in and someone had unset the common lobby (first in) + their area only then someone could use the lift not the door to their floor go in and had no pir to pick them up and start the entry

Great :oops:

stick a roller conatct on the lift door.. :whistle:

what about sales men!!!

they get it the worst,its no good going with the cheapest price when it wont do what the customer wants,same old story tho,sales get the job promise the world and engineers have to put it right,amemd the spec and get the grief etc.. :angry2:

FAO Redbull

Just a quick question in regards to something i thought. When i setup the dummy groups and group the relevant fobs to that group and use the setting logic will the system think it's setting a dummy group with no final zones in that group? Or should i programme a non exsisting zone as final?

Won't be working on any Galaxy's until this job is due so thought i'd ask

Archived