Security Installer Community

Entry Level Dvr

nitro

Hi ,has anyone experience ths dvr4E from Voltek ,(here a link to their webby www.voltek.co.uk/DVR4E.asp?ts=1&cat_id=197#desc)

i'm thinking as an entry level just for one day/night camera over looking the front drive from the front of the house due to kid smashing my mate car windows(four time already),your humble opinion please.

Ian.

budget dvrs usually have high noise level because of cheap fan! Avermedia dont have fan cooling so they r very quiet, only thing u will hear is the hard drive and u can use pc monitors aswell. All depends where u wanna install it! lol

I used before Av Tech, good price and good quality but in this new model what comes with the remote the fan noise is unacceptable!! but its easy to modify to get the fan voltage down. lol

U def need a high quality IR camera if u wanna record at night! dont buy a cheap one. at least 520TVL or more and price brb will be around your budget dvr.

Or u can buy IP day/night camera with sd card slot so u wount need a dvr and picture quality will be superb! Connect your ip cam to your router and u can watch your cam over the internet(u need a static IP for that). Good luck.

Archived