Security Installer Community

Hello From Sam.

sam10693

Hi Gopher thanks for the comment much apriciated. I didnt think i would get such a warm welcome with only being 15 but thankyou anyway. And yes other people have been quite surprised at my knowlage of cctv systems and to be honest so am i think its a great line of work and hope to persue it as a career. Best regards Sam.

i can see the headlines..15 yr old boy killed by faulty cctv camera,no offence sam you obviously have a good knowledge of cctv but wiring things up etc at 15 is a bit dangerous if dealing with 240v,any stuff you may get free unless tested and certified as safe and working could be potentialy lethal,+ lads on here giving stuff away,if it turns faulty and something happens you could be held responsible,at 15 yr old he should be supervised and certainly not let loose to wire things up with no training or supervision...sorry to be an old misery sam but h&s is paramount

He's got a point Sam.

Jack it in. Buy yourself a litre of white lightning and hang around with the hoodies outside the offi. Take a couple of blades with you (make sure they meet BS6813 : 1987 to comply with H & S).

I can see the headlines : boy gives up hobby ......

Goncall. I can see exactly where you are comeing from however i take nesacery safety precautions when dealling with 240v and i am confident that i can carry out my electrical needs safely but thankyou anyway for your concern. to the point of being donated items i have been given many items before and some of them have turned out faulty in which case i dispose of them emidiately.

Hpotter. Im not to shure weather or not you are being serious but im going to take it that you are appart from the point of carrying a knife. I will carry on with my hobby as i say im confident i can cary out the electrical wiring safely and will not be put of by a few faulty goods becouse if i did every engineer did that they would be no more engineers so i think i will stick at it and take my chances . More to the point i think that these hoodies dont deserve the freedome that they have and i in no way wish to be asosiated by cowards like them.

Best regards Sam.

Goncall. I can see exactly where you are comeing from however i take nesacery safety precautions when dealling with 240v and i am confident that i can carry out my electrical needs safely

christ,your 15 yr old,and to be honest im expecting a letter in the post saying ive won the lottery if i give you my bank details....or am i being cinical... :unsure:

More to the point i think that these hoodies dont deserve the freedome that they have and i in no way wish to be asosiated by cowards like them.

Best regards Sam.

Well said Sam, I wish more of our younger generation thought like that-the streets might be a bit safer for all :welcome:

Beats hanging around on street corners in my mind anyway!-but as already said be carefull with all voltages.

Richard.

Well said Sam, I wish more of our younger generation thought like that-the streets might be a bit safer for all :welcome:

Beats hanging around on street corners in my mind anyway!-but as already said be carefull with all voltages.

Richard.

Thankyou for the kind comments Richard yes these hoodies really should do something other than terrorising old people. Best regards Sam.

Hi sam

Looks like you took my advice and it seems that you are making quite an impact on here.

As I said before you'll get quite a bit of tech knowledge from this site, just a pity you are not in the trade as the trade forum is full of interesting little tech tips but as I've already said if I can help in any way then I will.

I will keep my eyes open and see if I can get you any parts and if I can then I will let you know.

Keep it up and if you do enter the trade then there is many an interesting install that you will come across.

At this rate you'll have your 15 posts in no time at all, and when you do PM me your details and we'll get something sorted for you, after all Leeds isn't far from Huddersfield.

Hi sam

Looks like you took my advice and it seems that you are making quite an impact on here.

As I said before you'll get quite a bit of tech knowledge from this site, just a pity you are not in the trade

thats because he is 15,sam son get yourself around the companies in your area show them how keen you are and you will have a job lined up before you leave school,but stay away from 240v untill you are trained,you may be lucky enough to ride around with a trained engineer on a weekend if the company allows it and its a much better way to learn,im suprised this site is all for a 15yr old to be messing around with 240v when thay take the high ground on giving out codes/manuals to diy'rs..its all wrong in my book...no offence sam but i was 15 once.. :ninja:

Archived