Security Installer Community

Gardtec 580-muck On Display!

Rulland

Hi All,

Been to look at a Gardtec 580 today-trying to help a mate out!-as you do.

The LED display when unset is just rambling through all sorts of random cack-when a user code is entered it seems to be normal-as does when the engineer code is used.

The manual (for what it's worth) mentions a resistor in the RKP-but don't say what value or across what terms!-good eh.

At the mo it's just the onboard KP but we have tried it with a remote KP and nowt changes.

I have tried a 680 ohm resistor-but again the manual isn't very explicit as to where.

Gardtec aint my forte-but like us all we get used to the panels we tend to use.

Any ideas people?.

Richard.

Hi All,

Been to look at a Gardtec 580 today-trying to help a mate out!-as you do.

The LED display when unset is just rambling through all sorts of random cack-when a user code is entered it seems to be normal-as does when the engineer code is used.

The manual (for what it's worth) mentions a resistor in the RKP-but don't say what value or across what terms!-good eh.

At the mo it's just the onboard KP but we have tried it with a remote KP and nowt changes.

I have tried a 680 ohm resistor-but again the manual isn't very explicit as to where.

Gardtec aint my forte-but like us all we get used to the panels we tend to use.

Any ideas people?.

Richard.

i have been to a few like this [we fit lots of gardtec] if a recall i swapped them all out as they were fooked.

Service engineer is the man for these, but i'm sure its fooked.

I remember something about a mod with a 0.047uF Capacitor - between the 0V and the data line I think - cured similar probs for me once. apparently theres a little note somewhere in phe packaging, and a Capacitor with the Keypad that no one usually bothers with.

Hopefully this will ring a bell with someone.

I remember something about a mod with a 0.047uF Capacitor - between the 0V and the data line I think - cured similar probs for me once. apparently theres a little note somewhere in phe packaging, and a Capacitor with the Keypad that no one usually bothers with.

Hopefully this will ring a bell with someone.

i think thats on the newer panels mate, it was about 18 months back untill they sorted it.

I don't recall the same issue on these older panels.

The KP's are are coming up with-'CT' which according to the damn useless manual is:'RKP tamper/E.O.L resistor missing or cable cut to RKP's'.

THAT IS THE ONLY TIME IN THE FOOKING MANUAL THAT RESISTORS ARE MENTIONED!-no values no placement-I know the cable is OK cos I had 3ft of it in me hand between the panel and the KP!!...............

Where and what is the blooming resistor sposed to go?-I'm gonna rip the whole shower of excrement out and put a reliable,user friendly Texe in it's place!-Then I'm gonna apply to be a dustman cos I can do without the hassle and a pay rise would come in handy!-my apologies to any dustmen on here-no offence intended!. :whistle:

Archived