Security Installer Community

Help

lesliez

I have just wired up my Accenta G4 panel, Odyssey 5 bell, 4 PIRS, door contact and internal sounder.

I connected the internal battery on the Odyssey 5 and the left LED started flasing and then I closed the lid and the right LED started flashing meaning the tamper closed correctly.

However as soon as I connected the battery in the panel the internal sounder sounded and the Odyssey 5 started sounding. This is what I expected.

HOWEVER, after entering the default xxxx code the system continued to sound!

To stop the noise I disconnected the battery in the panel. The external bell (Odyssey 5 continued to sound quietly for a few minutes then stopped (probably because the battery needs to charge).

Can anyone think of anything obvious I may have missed?

I have just wired up my Accenta G4 panel, Odyssey 5 bell, 4 PIRS, door contact and internal sounder.

I connected the internal battery on the Odyssey 5 and the left LED started flasing and then I closed the lid and the right LED started flashing meaning the tamper closed correctly.

However as soon as I connected the battery in the panel the internal sounder sounded and the Odyssey 5 started sounding. This is what I expected.

HOWEVER, after entering the default 0123 code the system continued to sound!

To stop the noise I disconnected the battery in the panel. The external bell (Odyssey 5 continued to sound quietly for a few minutes then stopped (probably because the battery needs to charge).

Can anyone think of anything obvious I may have missed?

My initial thoughts are that you may have the S- and the - Hold off connected in reverse.

Double check your sounder wiring!

I have disconnected the internal sounder but still have the same problem.

When I connect the battery in the panel the outside bell sounds (though it doesn't sound particularly loud) and after entering xxxx it continues. Whilst this is going on the RKP only shows the Accenta Panel model number.

Any thoughts?

I have disconnected the internal sounder but still have the same problem.

When I connect the battery in the panel the outside bell sounds (though it doesn't sound particularly loud) and after entering xxxx it continues. Whilst this is going on the RKP only shows the Accenta Panel model number.

Any thoughts?

So you have disconnected the internal which is a good start, my next move would be to disconnect the s- at the panel, I can't remeber how ADE label their panels but I think it will be labelled "B".

Disconnect the wire going to this terminal then power up again.

This will tell us whether it is a possible panel fault or a wiring fault.

I feel really daft. What I did wrong is that in the RKP I didn't connect the connection marked Comms because I thought this was to do with communication as in monitored systems. But it's the communication link between the RKP and the panel. Like I said, I feel pretty stupid but I did manage to resolve this error. Everything seems fine now, I have run the tests and all is ok.

Thanks for your help and on this occassion, sorry for wasting your time.

I feel really daft. What I did wrong is that in the RKP I didn't connect the connection marked Comms because I thought this was to do with communication as in monitored systems. But it's the communication link between the RKP and the panel. Like I said, I feel pretty stupid but I did manage to resolve this error. Everything seems fine now, I have run the tests and all is ok.

Thanks for your help and on this occassion, sorry for wasting your time.

This is a good example of what this forum is all about........ Help and good advice

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

Archived