Security Installer Community

Installing External Sounder

lesliez

I have attached my external sounder to the wall and connected the wiring to it. Is it ok to attached the cover, then connect the wiring to the panel. After this I plan to connect the panel to the mains and then connect the battery. Is this order ok or should I follow a different order?

There is no set pattern , I prefere to mount the panel and keypad first , ensure they are working , add other devices , then finally the bell.Make sure you connect the battery in the bellbox , and observe the leds , these confirm that the tamper switch has closed.

Thanks.

What I really want to know is, is it ok to power up the panel with the cover on (so the tamper is closed) or should I power it up with the cover off.

The Odyssey instructions say the bell has an Engineer hold off mode. My understanding is that the best way to do this is to leaver the cover off (so the tamper is open) then power up the panel. The bell will then sound for 5 seconds after which the bell will automaatically enter Hold Off mode and disable the Self Activate on tamper. The left LED will flash to show an open tamper. The cover should then be fitted, which closes the tamper. The LEDS will alternat quickly confirming the tamper is closed and signalling that the self activate will be reenabled in 2 minutes after which the LEDS will alternate slowly to signal normal operation.

Does the above sound ok, or is there a simpler method to use. I don't want to go up the ladder again and have the bell blasting my ears off!

• 2 weeks later...

If its an odyssey, wire up the bell and connect the battery, fit the cover. It will stay in hold off mode until a few minutes after power is applied from the control panel or the bell trigger is activated.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived