Security Installer Community

Pet Immune Pir?

Alarm Co

can you guys advise on what you have found in your expirience to be the most reliable pet immune pir for cats??

having probs with house with pet sensors all round but one in hall behind staircase keeps triggering and we seem to think the cat is bobbing his head through the balistraids ??

can anyone advise

yer did tell customer about re-siting, but was wired as a new build and there was never a cable run to the front door ,,so re-siting would lose coveridge of front door,so was just wondering if anyone had invented a pet immune sensor that actually works ,, guess one for devils lair ay

thanks guys for your help

happy new ye :Booty: :Booty: :Booty: ar

Sounds like it needs re-siting to me. In all the pet sensors I have used it clearly states in the instructions that the detector must not be pointed at stairways.

I agree totally, Pet sensors usually work on algorithms or in more advanced detectors, algorithms and other technologies.

Almost all of these require that the pet is going to be at ground level or at least that the pet is not going to be higher than 1.5m above ground level, within two metres from the detector.

Pet friendly sensors should never look at staircases.

Regards

n

• 2 months later...
Guest old-hand

To add to the above, pet immune should NEVER look at stairs.

If resiteing isn't an option mask off that sector.

Personally I would shoot the cat, hate em!

Archived