Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier 48 Progamming

catchsecure

hiHi need some help!! i need to program a 2nd area which is a room where a brewery have access to restock they have a key to the shunt lock in the door and there is a dualtec in the room so i need the lock to disable the dualtec when unlocked and rearm when locked again. the main user at the keypad will need this area to unset when they unset the rest of the building though? sorry to be a pain but this is the first system i have had to set up like this!!

mark

hiHi need some help!! i need to program a 2nd area which is a room where a brewery have access to restock they have a key to the shunt lock in the door and there is a dualtec in the room so i need the lock to disable the dualtec when unlocked and rearm when locked again. the main user at the keypad will need this area to unset when they unset the rest of the building though? sorry to be a pain but this is the first system i have had to set up like this!!

mark

Search for a Scantronic 5158 Zone Omit Module, 2 versions, it's made for your needs.

magpye

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

but surely this can be done in the 48's software?

mark

No idea I'm afraid, never used one, but I could read the manual though :no:

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

manual not very clear on this but there was a module of some sort on the wall but no identity think it might have been a 5158 does anyone have a installation sheet for this?

mark

I'm afraid this Forum does not give out defaulting / installation manuals as in the rules you read when you joined.

Apply for Trade membership and then away you go

If it's only 1 sensor you could wire it in parallel with the shunt lock

............ and get an instant alarm when a fault materialises before it's turned back on by the delivery man, whoops, hope it does not have signalling.

If it's only 1 sensor you could wire it in parallel with the shunt lock

Bad practice because if the lock is closed before the dual-tec has cleared you will get a full alarm.

Zone omit units avoid this by waiting for the detector to clear before arming the circuit and (if I remeber correctly) could be configured to sound a low level audible warning which sounded when the lock was closed until the detector cleared.

Never worked on a Prem 8 but I have done a similar thing with Menvier TS900s without using a zone omit unit.

Archived