Security Installer Community

Powermax Plus

erk108

I have installed the powermax plus system but recently have been receiving FUSE FAILURE message as system trouble.Looking through the install manual cannot see anything refering to fuse trouble and how to reset.Reading through the manual it states that there are no fuses that could blow on this panel as they reset automatically so i was wondering what the problem could be.The older model had a fuse at the back 0.5amp for wired bell but new models do not and i am using wireless siren .The alarm works fine and sets ok but just getting this FUSE FAILURE message.Has anyone else experienced this?

I have installed the powermax plus system but recently have been receiving FUSE FAILURE message as system trouble.Looking through the install manual cannot see anything refering to fuse trouble and how to reset.Reading through the manual it states that there are no fuses that could blow on this panel as they reset automatically so i was wondering what the problem could be.The older model had a fuse at the back 0.5amp for wired bell but new models do not and i am using wireless siren .The alarm works fine and sets ok but just getting this FUSE FAILURE message.Has anyone else experienced this?

I have now found what is causing the fault "FUSE FAILURE "on this model. There was an electrical cable cut at the premises and this has caused a high current surge into the panel. I have a 3 amp fuse spur but did not blow instead blew the circuit board component. The unit itself does not have a fuse for protection which I find unbelievable. There is a fuse on the board but its the auto reset type not like normal fuse ie cannot be replaced. The symptoms with this fault are FUSE FAILURE message and CPU BATTERY LOW message. If these two messages are received and you have the UK version powermax plus then i am afraid you need a new panel, you cannot replace the fuse. The American and continental versions however do have two glass fuses at the back of the panel 1 amp and 0.5 amp which can be replaced. Hope this could help anyone else with the same problem as it drove me mad looking for a fuse that did not exist.

i dont think the fuse protection is supposed to be 3A though is it on the powermax?

But yes a surge can damage any bit of kit (ask act surge protection ltd) but normally it would have just kileld it completely.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i dont think the fuse protection is supposed to be 3A though is it on the powermax?

But yes a surge can damage any bit of kit (ask act surge protection ltd) but normally it would have just kileld it completely.

Redbull

could not see anywhere in the manual to advice fuse value for the fuse spur before the transformer so i put 3 amp.The worrying thing is that there is no protection on the board such as a quick blow glass fuse that is found in most pannels.I will give powermax a ring to see what they advice the fuse spur value to be.

did the unit come with a plug? What vlaue was in that.

But usually the fuse is to protect the transformer only and wont provide an surge etc protection

it is a 2 pin plug on the transformer no fuse you usually cut them and wire into spur.

Archived