Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9751 Wont Leave Installer Mode

jobbodger

Hello, I recently changed one of my PIRs on a scantronic 9751 to a pet tolerant one. Finished the job and left installer mode and everything was fine and working. Next day I changed two, one in the kitchen and one in the hall. Everything seems to be working however I can't seem to leave installer mode. If I press any numbers on the downstairs panel it just beeps and keeps on showing installer mode. On the panel upstairs it just says the version and the date together with a spanner with red light and an exclamation mark with orange light. Can anyone tell me whats happening. When I type in 99 tick to leave installer mode it doesnt do anything .

Help !

Hello, I recently changed one of my PIRs on a scantronic 9751 to a pet tolerant one. Finished the job and left installer mode and everything was fine and working. Next day I changed two, one in the kitchen and one in the hall. Everything seems to be working however I can't seem to leave installer mode. If I press any numbers on the downstairs panel it just beeps and keeps on showing installer mode. On the panel upstairs it just says the version and the date together with a spanner with red light and an exclamation mark with orange light. Can anyone tell me whats happening. When I type in 99 tick to leave installer mode it doesnt do anything .

Help !

hiya ,you probably got an outstanding tamper that need to be recitfy( ie.wrong wire or pir lid not closed)

hiya ,you probably got an outstanding tamper that need to be recitfy( ie.wrong wire or pir lid not closed)

I checked but couldn't find a problem. In the end I opened the box , disconnected the battery and mains and then put back on again. Now everything works perfectly. I hope I haven't removed any settings by doing this, I don't seem to have done

I checked but couldn't find a problem. In the end I opened the box , disconnected the battery and mains and then put back on again. Now everything works perfectly. I hope I haven't removed any settings by doing this, I don't seem to have done

Got to have been the panel lid tamper spring then, springs are notorious for not 'closing' every time the lid is shut, can be a right pain

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Got to have been the panel lid tamper spring then, springs are notorious for not 'closing' every time the lid is shut, can be a right pain

I have to agree with the above, very unlikely that powering down then back up cured the problem, far more likely to be the panel tamper which you have inadvertantly fixed by removing then replacing the lid during power down.

Either way it's fixed and you programmed settings should remain unaffected.

Archived