Security Installer Community

Nexus 8 - Bell Fault - Any Ideas

DaiEdwards

yup i'm slow...

You'll get used to it if you stick around. Most of us only look at the 'view new content' part ..... unless we're searching for summat specific

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

I have a Nexus 8 Alarm with a Vortex bell box. The system has worked perfectly since I installed it in late 2003. However, I recently became aware that although the system behaves perfectly with panel speaker sounding and strobe flashing when alarm is triggered the bell is not sounding. A bell test will also not trigger the bell. However, I can trigger the bell by removing the bell fuse and then replacing it. The fuse is fine.

Maplins kindly "lent me" a replacement bell box and when connected up it behaved exactly the same as the original - i.e. LEDs showing operational state, strobe working as required but no bell trigger. I did this test through a new wiring loom. This leads me to the belief that the panel is somehow at fault. I have reset to factory defaults and then reprogrammed entire set up. All with no success.

I also called the lynteck tech line at �0.50 /minute and was put on hold! Does anybody have any ideas?

it rang with power removed, you have panel set for SCB = Self Contained Bell (old style = remove supply to ring) and not SAB (Self Activating Bell) in the panel programming

Arfur

(sometimes its useful to be old)

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

it rang with power removed, you have panel set for SCB = Self Contained Bell (old style = remove supply to ring) and not SAB (Self Activating Bell) in the panel programming

Arfur

(sometimes its useful to be old)

erm, wouldnt it be sounding now in that case?

Archived