Security Installer Community

Karizma Plus Nvm Checksum Fault

dmh

Can any one help?

A tripped main fuse caused a break in mains power to my Karizma plus / Scantronic 46RX alarm.

On reseting the power the alarm sounders activated, and following a reset the 'Power up' message appeared followed by 'NVM Checksum FLT' and the key pad freezes.

I've tried disconecting the battery backup, powering off and then powering up with mains supply only but still get the same 'NVM Checksum FLT' message and a frozen pad!

Is there any thing else i can try to reboot the system?

I have contacted ADE help desk who were not particularly helpful, but did suggest power down, link P1 to 13+, power up and then power down, remove link and power up again.

Result - 'NVM Checksum FLT' !!!

Help!

As from memory from when we used to install the karizma panel when the NVM Checksum FLT appears on the screen it will lock you out. Unfortunley there's nothing much you could do. We used to contact ADE who used to manufactor the panel but have been taken over by another company. Think you have to default it they may solve the problem but not always the case. Defaulting the panel will erase all the programming, You would be advised the contact a registered installer who will be able to advise further.

Yep, the panel will need to be defaulted and re-programmed.

I've had this problem many times after customers power faults, sometimes they happen and sometimes they don't. You could be in luck if the installer has copied the NVM settings to another chip, as this is the quickest way to return it to operation.

I must admit I always keep my fingers crossed when leaving engineering mode.

Went to one the other week that had done this.

Nice chance to sell an upgrade to a Galaxy 3. All zones (28) had wires back to panel and a mega choc block joint for the data.

Ended up upgrading next doors a week later :)

Archived