Security Installer Community

Led On Impaq Plus

mikedain

It could be that that ones sensitivity setting is set closer to maximum and thus isn't flashing green meaning I work but that's not enough to set me off, it's saying that amount of vibration will set me off, of course I could be completely wrong and it may just be that one doesn't have the "green" comfort led, just a red led.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

It could be that that ones sensitivity setting is set closer to maximum and thus isn't flashing green meaning I work but that's not enough to set me off, it's saying that amount of vibration will set me off, of course I could be completely wrong and it may just be that one doesn't have the "green" comfort led, just a red led.

The impaq plus has a tri colour led. Supposed to flash green as comfort, red when triggered, and yellow when a brute force is detected. They are all working as they should when tested, just strange that one flashes red while all the others flash green as comfort?!

does it still trigger the alarm?

Yes it triggers fine.

Although I have noticed that they are not quite as sensitive as expected (this goes for all of them). Someone on this forum posted that on high sensitivity they will trigger on thunderclaps, or the neighbour farting!! Mine are set to the highest sensitivity via the turnscrew, also the jumper is set to high sensitivity mode, and I have to really thump the window and door frames hard to get them to trigger?

I am considering replacing them all with honeywell Viper GLX sensors

Yes it triggers fine.

Although I have noticed that they are not quite as sensitive as expected (this goes for all of them). Someone on this forum posted that on high sensitivity they will trigger on thunderclaps, or the neighbour farting!! Mine are set to the highest sensitivity via the turnscrew, also the jumper is set to high sensitivity mode, and I have to really thump the window and door frames hard to get them to trigger?

I am considering replacing them all with honeywell Viper GLX sensors

you`ll have the same problem, unless you actually break into your (house?) you can`t actually test them.

just one of the reasons why I hate them.

they do look for high freq vibration, not you thumping the window.

Viper make a calibration tool

my friend has viper glx's professionally installed at his house, and the slightest knock anywhere on the window frame triggers it. one might say this is oversensitive, but i do like this level of sensitivity.

Archived