Security Installer Community

2 Pirs 1 Room?

WileECoyote

Hello wise members of the security community. My apologies first. I am a DIY fitter (installer is giving myself far too much credit), I have wireless, I have a cat and should have done more research. Spent the last 2 weeks trying to work out why the cat is triggering the Visonic pet immune detectors only to discover that the ones in the pet immune detector boxes aren't the pet immune type! Thanks supplier! An old thread here about lens blanking in these detectors resulted in me considering this possibility so a big thank you.

Anyway, this has given me an issue. The detectors don't have creep zone coverage and I have a room with a large table. I am aware of the guidance with regard to the cat, the ceiling and BluTak but I think that this would be troublesome with the table and therefore can't adequately cover the room with a single PIR. Is it possible to fit 2 in the same room without them upsetting each other. They would be at either end of the same wall which has a bay window between. The thinking is that each will cover the unprotected zone below the other and fully protect against entry from the bay.

Not looking for a design, I am a surveyor and well aware of the liability issue! Terms like 'likely to' and 'would appear' will be just fine. Simply some guidance as to whether it will work reliably.

Many thanks.

Hello wise members of the security community. My apologies first. I am a DIY fitter (installer is giving myself far too much credit), I have wireless, I have a cat and should have done more research. Spent the last 2 weeks trying to work out why the cat is triggering the Visonic pet immune detectors only to discover that the ones in the pet immune detector boxes aren't the pet immune type! Thanks supplier! An old thread here about lens blanking in these detectors resulted in me considering this possibility so a big thank you.

Anyway, this has given me an issue. The detectors don't have creep zone coverage and I have a room with a large table. I am aware of the guidance with regard to the cat, the ceiling and BluTak but I think that this would be troublesome with the table and therefore can't adequately cover the room with a single PIR. Is it possible to fit 2 in the same room without them upsetting each other. They would be at either end of the same wall which has a bay window between. The thinking is that each will cover the unprotected zone below the other and fully protect against entry from the bay.

Not looking for a design, I am a surveyor and well aware of the liability issue! Terms like 'likely to' and 'would appear' will be just fine. Simply some guidance as to whether it will work reliably.

Many thanks.

Passive Infra Red detectors are just that, passive.

They don't emit anything and will work quite happily in the same room.

In my experince cats are harder to cater for than dogs because although they tend to me smaller than dogs they do jump up on furniture and get closer to the detector in some cases.

Thanks very much. Greatly appreciated.

Will now consider whether the additional cat tolerant detector, considering the probability of cat/table action, is more reliable than keeping the non cat detector and restricting the cat from the room. Considering the lack of human immunity. Maybe program the person who is likely to forget to shut the door as the first number the system dials. http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...ult/whistle.gif

So so much to think about!

have you considered a wireless vibration sensoron the window (i.e.) perimeter protection.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived