Security Installer Community

Galaxy Proximity Card Reader

We have a gate access system which I would like to supplement with a prox card reader. The alarm system in the house is a Galaxy 144 (i think).

I understand the galaxy card reader can be used stand alone or wired through the panel.

My question is I would like to use the galaxy proximity tags, i.e. the same ones we have to set and unset the alarm system.

Am I tied to using a galaxy prox reader or does this operate on an open protocol which other readers do?

So in other words can I use a cheaper substitute prox reader which will still talk to my galaxy tags?

I am undecided as to whether program the system through the alarm panel via my Install engineer so we have the benefit of logging everything or whether to just use as a stand alone system.

Suggestions of products or techniques will be gratefully received.

Or if anyone has a surplus galaxy card reader they want to get rid of cheap please pm me.

go for an online max reader.

You could use it standalone but user management will be far harder.

James

Thanks, that would seem to be the way forwards then.

I already have a Galaxy microMAX prox reader which my installing engineer said he thought would not power up.

I tested the prox reader after my installer said he felt it was no good, it would appear that it does power up and when you power it up with a preprogrammed prox tag next to it it shows the read led and then emits 3 beeps, saying error.

I bought the reader from a seller on Ebay, I am wondering if it has been set previously with a master as it does not recognise my card at all.

Is there a way I can reset the unit to its factory default without a pre-registered master and set my card as a master?

If not I will just have to return to the seller after opening a paypal dispute for a refund and buy another.

i have a max reader if you interested

Yes very likely, have to try to deal with problem listed in my last post.

im sure camerabloke will list it on the auction site with a buy it now.

If its in standalone mode with a master alreasy programmed then im afraid there is no way to chnage the master. But you can connect it to the galaxy and chnage it to online mode and use it then. Or use camerablokes one as either standalone or online.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived