Security Installer Community

Optima Compact False Alarms

drothwell

Hi,

Could somebody possible give me some advice. I have a 6-zone ADE Optima Compact alarm fitted in my house (not sure of age, was fitted when moved in 4 years ago) which was working fine. However, recently the alarm has started going off randomly, even when not set (usually in the middle of the bloody night!). I can stop the alarm with the code and if I leave it not reset - i.e. the strobe still flashing on the outside box and reset light lit then the alarm does not go off again. However, if I press reset the same problem occurs - goes off even when not set. The time between false alarms varies, but is usually several days.

Is this a common fault and does it have a possible fix. Is it a possible detector fault which is triggering the tamper function - if so how do i identify the problem detector? It is a particualr problem at the moment as it means I have to leave the alarm off as I am not sure if it will sound during the day while I am at work.

Any help advice would be greatly appreciate,

Dominic

Id agree it sounds like you do have a tamper fault. It is a common fault but only on unserviced systems etc. It obviously shouldnt be doing it.

You have a couple of choices. Either get a company in, preferably approved, to service it, they can then find and fix the problem and service it regulaly to prevent this happening again. Or have a go yourself. You will have to find where the fault is on the tamper circuit and you will really need a multimeter for this. Assuming the fault is there when you meter it. If the fault has cleared again then it will be harder to track down.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

while i agree with james. may i suggest that you try powering down completely, then replace the back up battery with a similiar one. power back up and see what happens, remember the code may go back to the factory set one.

if this does not work, then you will need the services of an engineer :whistle:

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

cheers for the rapid replies, much appreciated. Could you give me a ball-park figure of what to expect to pay to get an engineer out and the alarm serviced? I appreciate it will probably be system depenent but it would be useful to have a figure to gauge quotes from - see if they are reasonable or ridiculous.

Many thanks again,

Dominic

cheers for the rapid replies, much appreciated. Could you give me a ball-park figure of what to expect to pay to get an engineer out and the alarm serviced? I appreciate it will probably be system depenent but it would be useful to have a figure to gauge quotes from - see if they are reasonable or ridiculous.

Many thanks again,

Dominic

We would probably charge around

Archived