Security Installer Community

Mercury Telephones And Digicom

I have a monitored alarm system which has been signalling with no problem but the customer has transferred his telephone system onto Mercury and the panel is no longer dialling out. I've rang Scantronic(its a 9751 panel) and they've suggested putting 1280 before the phone number, which I've done and it's still not ringing out. You also have to dial 9 then pause before dialling the ARC number. Does anyone know whether it should be 9 then 1280 then number or the other way round? I've tried everything I can think of so any ideas would be appreciated.

its usually due to the huge delay of least cost routing. On some provisers you can disbable it before dialling with a code ie 1280, but the only way to test is to put your test phone on the line as it dials and listen to whats happening. If it takes a while to ring and you cant disable least cost routing then im afraid it wont work with a a digi. you could try extended formats (ie SIA1-3 or Point ID as they are more tolerant of timing issues. Other than that its a BT line.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure about the Mercury Company, this changed its name to Cable & Wireless some time ago.

However the 1280 is not the access code for Mercury (this was 131) . 1280 is a bypass code to force the calls to route via BT. However you must be sure that the customers line is BT and not another provider.

In any event the normal problem is the delay between the dial 9 and the dialling of the access code (1280) this needs to be increased to allow dial tone back from the switch before dialling 1280.

Regards

Archived