Security Installer Community

Recommendations For A Good Grade 3 Door Contact.

kensplace

Picked up some 'grade 3' door contacts, thinking they would be better than the ones I currently have, but it appears that

they are grade 3 to prEN 50131-1: 2004 or PD6662.

Not really any different from what I currently have other than they have a premade lead and inbuilt resistors...

I am looking for some that would meet European standard (DD CLC/TS 50131-2-6 for magnetic contacts) that are known to be reliable and preferably reasonably priced ;)

Has ssaib's position changed on contacts since the Dec 2005 bulletin which said they dont raise a problem with contacts that dont meet this standard? Or do they still allow the UK standard prEN 50131-1: 2004 / PD6662 style contacts to be used (if so, WHY ON EARTH!!!!!)

Trying to avoid saying to much, as if I say in easy terms, or it could be mis-used.

prEN 50131-1: 2004 or PD6662 from what I can see (and from testing the contacts I got) dont seem to require grade 3 to have immunity from tampering from a certain external influence.

Apparently the standard contains a note saying it may be needed, but according to the bulletin mentioned earlier it states

This Note does not constitute a requirement within the standard, and therefore ... etc snipped etc .... suggestion for consideration, but is not mandatory.

The euro standard, and maybe other later british ones (no idea, not got all the regs, just going by what I can see on the net) require they either detect or be immune to the external tamper influence that could cause the problem...

Im just after a contact that cant be tampered from outside by someone who knows how to with simple items.

The grade 3 ones I got which comply to pd6662:2004/en50131-1:1997 seem no better than my old grade 1 or 2 contacts (no immunity or detection of external etc.etc)

Guest anguscanplay

right so you`ve got very old G3 contacts, I understood the cut off point to be April 07

elmdene or knight plastics (our current favourite) - if you search the site there are quite a few piccys of them

right so you`ve got very old G3 contacts, I understood the cut off point to be April 07

elmdene or knight plastics (our current favourite) - if you search the site there are quite a few piccys of them

cheers.

Yeah, they are new old stock by the looks of it, dated around end of 2006 ish.

Picked up some 'grade 3' door contacts, thinking they would be better than the ones I currently have, but it appears that

they are grade 3 to prEN 50131-1: 2004 or PD6662.

Not really any different from what I currently have other than they have a premade lead and inbuilt resistors...

I am looking for some that would meet European standard (DD CLC/TS 50131-2-6 for magnetic contacts) that are known to be reliable and preferably reasonably priced ;)

Has ssaib's position changed on contacts since the Dec 2005 bulletin which said they dont raise a problem with contacts that dont meet this standard? Or do they still allow the UK standard prEN 50131-1: 2004 / PD6662 style contacts to be used (if so, WHY ON EARTH!!!!!)

I've used this type and I've still got a load

post-17394-1222712011_thumb.jpg

"25 years of experience has taught us to care about the smaller jobs and given us the expertise to succeed in the larger ones"

Guest anguscanplay
Although they have to face the right way or the reed for the immunity causes a problem.

your joking - right?

I tried the encapsulated 20mm G3 ones but found the operating gap was too tight for most doors

Mine are elmdenes also, but brown in colour, exactly the same instruction sheet, and packaging though.

Slight difference in model no, mine is 6sl-bn-gn 1k0/1k0 eol resistors.

Wired up blue/red shorted together, black and yellow for test readings giving 1k/2k readings depending if reed open or closed.

Is that correct?

Not fitted to door frame yet, but held against a cupboard door for example and tested for immunity they failed....

Maybe the extra thickness of a door frame will do the trick, only way would be to give it a try later on. But I figured immune should mean immune....

Archived